Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal - good for your teeth - yay or nay? page 2

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    New Hampshire
    Shop Now
    My dentist said my teeth were really healthy, as well as the amount of bone retention. I thought all of the bone broth I use in my cooking now may have helped. My kids had good reports from the dentist too.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by For_Sparta View Post
    Does anyone else have concerns with Primal / healthy teeth? I guess one point I'm concerned about is that meat is quite acidic, so from a simpleton point of view increasing your consumption could cause acid erosion.... any thoughts / experiences out there?
    If you are worried about your teeth, try using a xylitol based toothpaste and gum. The stuff is primal and great for your teeth and bones. I had some sensitivities before I switched a couple years ago, since then my teeth and gums have never been better.

Are Sugar Alcohols Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
    There appear to be some interesting health benefits to xylitol, too, beyond the well-established preventive actions against dental plaque and cavities. Xylitol shows promise as a bone remineralization agent, positively affecting both tooth enamel and bone mineral density (albeit, thus far, in rats). I count at least ten studies showing xylitol’s promise in the treatment or prevention of osteoporosis.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Fat soluble vitamins. And minerals. Make sure you get most votamins from animals: organs etc. Also do not eat too much raw vegies or other things with antinutrients, if you have a lack of vitamin sunlight, do not take vitamin d supplement, but fermented cod liver oil
    well then

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Our dentists/hygenists were also super-psyched. I'd love to get two cleanings a year, but can't afford that yet. Eventually, I'd like to get to 4. But htat's just being fancy.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Georgia, USA
    Learn More
    Weston A. Price was a dentist. He supported this way of eating wayyyy back when.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12