Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet soda page

ulnauy is offline Member

Diet soda

Shop Now
    I rationalize it's not that bad for me. There's no sugar or calories, and I've grown to like the taste of the aspartame/acesulfame potassium combo as much as real sugar. As far as I can tell drinking 1 liter of the stuff every day has not negatively impacted my health yet (although it may be doing so subclinically). It doesn't give me headaches or make me gain weight.

But I still want to quit because I feel like there's unexplored gains to be made by getting rid of the habit. I am wondering though, has anyone quit diet soda and felt much better? Has anyone quit and felt exactly the same? Has anyone been drinking diet soda for decades and feel like it hasn't harmed their health at all? I'm on the fence about this.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i used to drink 2 liters of diet pepsi, daily, all through my teens. i could never sleep.

YES! my health and life improved dramatically. except for the bone weaknesses i now suffer due to that shit eating through my bones.

it's utter poison.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Even when I was a soda-drinker (which ended YEARS ago, even before PB) I've always hated diet soda. However, one beverage I really enjoy is seltzer, so maybe give that a try. You can buy flavored ones (although the "natural flavors" are questionable and will be more of a 20% thing) but I usually buy plain seltzer and add a squeeze of lemon, or some vanilla extract. It's fizzy and tasty and it could do the trick for you.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

The Scott is offline Member
    Not even on a bet will I drink that stuff.

Something I learned a long time ago is, when youre low on energy put a sugary mint in your mouth and your body will respond as if it just got a lot of sugar.

Even know there is "no" calories (bs btw) those chemicals still tell your body that there is sugar to process and responds as if. Also ( I dont recall the article) but seltzer water ie soda hits the gut and disrupts proper digestions and expedites fat storage. I dont know if its just the digestion process or if its some other mechanism but its useless for any wellness benefit

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    After doing some research (back 22 years ago) I decided aspartame was just too risky for my baby when I was pregnant.

Then, duh, 20 years later, I decided it probably wasn't all that great for me either.

So now I tend to use the question "Would I feed this to my unborn baby?" even though I haven't been pregnant in 18 years. It's still a pretty good way to look at it.

Seriously, that is some scary shit. Do your research. It's really pretty awful.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Personally I have been drinking diet soda on and off for the last thirthy years or so, but in the later years I have upped my consume and I feel better than ever, so I think it maybe have some positive health benefits! Remember Asparstame is a synthesis between two natural amino acids and the breakdown in our bodies goes back to those natural amino acids so it is absurd that this should be unhealthy whatsoever. So personally I play the wager that aparstame is very healthy indeed and that all that think it's bad are wrong! So perhaps it will turn out that I will live by good health until I am 150 years of age and the rest of you to 90 or 100 years only because you didn't use the oportunity of ingesting enough aspartame in your bodies?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Personally I have been drinking diet soda on and off for the last thirthy years or so, but in the later years I have upped my consume and I feel better than ever, so I think it maybe have some positive health benefits! Remember Asparstame is a synthesis between two natural amino acids and the breakdown in our bodies goes back to those natural amino acids so it is absurd that this should be unhealthy whatsoever. So personally I play the wager that aparstame is very healthy indeed and that all that think it's bad are wrong! So perhaps it will turn out that I will live by good health until I am 150 years of age and the rest of you to 90 or 100 years only because you didn't use the oportunity of ingesting enough aspartame in your bodies?
    Good luck with that.

I'd ask you to let me know how it works out, but with Alzheimers, I doubt you'll remember. I don't think the stroke will help much either.

Seriously, I've done the research - a lot of us have - but it's your brain, you can do whatever you want with it.

As someone who has done a lot of physical damage to mine, not chemical, it's not pretty when it's not working right.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Good luck with that.

I'd ask you to let me know how it works out, but with Alzheimers, I doubt you'll remember. I don't think the stroke will help much either.

Seriously, I've done the research - a lot of us have - but it's your brain, you can do whatever you want with it.

As someone who has done a lot of physical damage to mine, not chemical, it's not pretty when it's not working right.
    Yeah sure, all the scientists and health authorities world wide are wrong and you and other "researchers" are right...

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Several years ago I stopped drinking anything carbonated, with immediately beneficial results. Carbonation itself is hell on digestion.

Rhiannon8404 is offline Junior Member
    Has anyone else here tried Zevia sodas? I used to drink diet Pepsi several times a week, but recently switched to Zevia. Zero calories and sweetened with stevia and erythritol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast