Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diet soda page 4

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    I quit drinking diet soda (i.e. Pepsi Max) some weeks ago, along with all sugar free juices, concentrates, and anything else artificially sweetened. I chose to go cold turkey with no replacements, knowing that if I get a craving for something, I can get flavoured water (unsweetened) or make ice tea. I used to gulp down a 1.5 L bottle every day.

I don't notice much difference, aside from the slight bouts of headache I got the first few days when I slashed my caffeine intake. I have had some heartburn, stomach and digestion issues lately, but in addition to removing all sweeteners, I stopped buying processed foods and quit smoking, which I think was a shock to the system.

One earlier experience I remember, I quit diet soda for half a year months back in mid-2000. Then I lost 3 lbs the first week when a lot of swelling the soda had caused disappeared. And it was the same Pepsi Max, not sugary stuff.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah, but at least I drink it with a pink umbrella and a shot of cake-flavored vodka.
    You're definitely a man's man

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234