Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diet soda page 3

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    If you advertise yourself to the big soda guys, maybe you, too, can become famous as the epitome of masculinity, all due to the wonderful life-extending properties of the carbonated bubbly fountain of youth. You know, just like the Marlboro Man!
    No, he'd have to drink the sugar-sweetened stuff, otherwise he'd be the Marlboro Ultra Lights Man. Maybe even the Virginia Slims Man. What self-respecting dude drinks diet soda? Come on!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    If you advertise yourself to the big soda guys, maybe you, too, can become famous as the epitome of masculinity, all due to the wonderful life-extending properties of the carbonated bubbly fountain of youth. You know, just like the Marlboro Man!
    Well, we have known for a very long time that smoking is bad for our health so that's different - I learned that some forty years ago in school so nothing new about that! Aspartame on the other hand has been tested in countless scientific studies and meta-studies that show no indication that it may be unhealthy, so in worst case it is harmless. But, we still don't know whether it may positively promote longlivety or not, so maybe it turns out to extend the lives and promote health of those that has consumed it regularly over the years like me?

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    What self-respecting dude drinks diet soda? Come on!
    I do, with a splash of organic lime juice, right now in my office served by my smiling secretary...

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    What self-respecting dude drinks diet soda? Come on!
    oh come on...you had a case of diet TAB in your car last week...
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    So I have a question re: an earlier comment in the thread . . .

Even know there is "no" calories (bs btw) those chemicals still tell your body that there is sugar to process and responds as if. Also ( I dont recall the article) but seltzer water ie soda hits the gut and disrupts proper digestions and expedites fat storage. I dont know if its just the digestion process or if its some other mechanism but its useless for any wellness benefit
    So seltzer water does bad things to you too? I moved my diet Pepsi habit over to seltzer water and thought that was pretty harmless. I drink regular water most of the time but like the fizzy with seltzer. How does it expedite fat storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    So I have a question re: an earlier comment in the thread . . .

So seltzer water does bad things to you too? I moved my diet Pepsi habit over to seltzer water and thought that was pretty harmless. I drink regular water most of the time but like the fizzy with seltzer. How does it expedite fat storage?
    Seltzer water is high in sodium and will retain water in your body and make you look fatter than you are. CokeZero is diuretic and help to get rid of surplus water and makes you leaner...

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    oh come on...you had a case of diet TAB in your car last week...
    Yeah, but at least I drink it with a pink umbrella and a shot of cake-flavored vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Seltzer water is high in sodium and will retain water in your body and make you look fatter than you are. CokeZero is diuretic and help to get rid of surplus water and makes you leaner...
    I've never seen seltzer water with any sodium (some club sodas have a tiny amount, but seltzers usually none at all, at least in the U.S.), and that has nothing to do with Zanna's question

Zanna - I've seen a lot of rumors about the bad effects of plain carbonated water, but none that are founded in anything remotely resembling logic or reason. It doesn't wither your bones or turn you to acid or make you store fat. It's just water with bubbles. Burping is the worst side effect.

I've never seen seltzer water with any sodium (some club sodas have a tiny amount, but seltzers usually none at all, at least in the U.S.), and that has nothing to do with Zanna's question
    Yep, you are right, I confused Seltzer with one of the sparkling mineralwaters we have here that are loaded with sodium...

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Oh good - thanks for the clarification, RichMahogany. I can keep the several cases I bought on sale last week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast