Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern California Cowpool? (That is, go in on the cost of a cow..)

Hybrid View

Northern California Cowpool? (That is, go in on the cost of a cow..)

Anyone down? I'm near Sac, location-wise. Not that that's all that important, I can drive

I'm in Elk Grove. I'd really be interested in cowpooling, but I'm not sure how much meat can fit into a normal sized freezer since I have to move to an apt.

In SF, throwing my hat in the ring.

Also in SF, I could be interested depending on the amount since I do not have an extra freezer and live in an apartment. 10-20 pounds is doable. Typically I get ground grass fed beef, brisket, roasts, beef heart, sometimes veal liver & kidney all for $5-7/lb from Marin Sun Farms so also only if it turned out less than that. Maybe we can set up a group or just share emails for this?
    Last edited by TigerJ; 04-28-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Sure, just not sure how... if you make one, stick a link in here?

Mine is etomaria -@- gmail ... hopefully this doesn't result in spam :| You never know who's stalking the msgboards..
    Last edited by etomaria; 04-28-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone else be interested in tracking down part of a buffalo instead?

OK, do we have a coordinator? Etomaria, you are right, don't want to get hit by spam bots so here's mine: j pearl 12 at g mail dot com

I'd be down for a buffalo too (well, not "too" as in both, I can only handle so much )

I'd be into this- Marin County. Hubby and I travel through Cali quite a bit, so if we needed to meet at a central point, or do some drop-offs, we're game! the primal diva at g mail dot com

I was thinking it would be cool to put together a Northern Cali group here on the forums anyway....I am kind of a newbie though, so I wasn't sure if there was one already (and don't feel like I have the "street cred" to moderate one yet!)

I sent out an email inquiring as to buffalo prices on the *one* California (luckily, close) buffalo ranch on eatwild.com... Have not yet looked into non-local options.