Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern California Cowpool? (That is, go in on the cost of a cow..) page

etomaria is offline Member

Northern California Cowpool? (That is, go in on the cost of a cow..)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anyone down? I'm near Sac, location-wise. Not that that's all that important, I can drive

beachbound is offline Junior Member
    I'm in Elk Grove. I'd really be interested in cowpooling, but I'm not sure how much meat can fit into a normal sized freezer since I have to move to an apt.

Len
    Len is offline Member
    In SF, throwing my hat in the ring.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Also in SF, I could be interested depending on the amount since I do not have an extra freezer and live in an apartment. 10-20 pounds is doable. Typically I get ground grass fed beef, brisket, roasts, beef heart, sometimes veal liver & kidney all for $5-7/lb from Marin Sun Farms so also only if it turned out less than that. Maybe we can set up a group or just share emails for this?
    Last edited by TigerJ; 04-28-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Sure, just not sure how... if you make one, stick a link in here?

Mine is etomaria -@- gmail ... hopefully this doesn't result in spam :| You never know who's stalking the msgboards..
    Last edited by etomaria; 04-28-2010 at 08:47 PM.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Just out of curiosity, would anyone else be interested in tracking down part of a buffalo instead?

OK, do we have a coordinator? Etomaria, you are right, don't want to get hit by spam bots so here's mine: j pearl 12 at g mail dot com

Here are a few options...

$7/lb if we get a half cow; Frosty Acres

$6.80/lb if a half cow; Barbarosa Farms http://barbarosaranchers.files.wordp.../brcatalog.pdf

$7.25/lb for a half for a half cow; http://www.bestgrassfedbeef.com/order-beef.php

$3.15/lb (!) for what looks like a half? Their explanation is slightly confusing... also, I'd (someone'd) have to contact them to make sure they have a cow available... http://www.fouchfarms.com/mysite/Grass-Fed_Beef.html

There are others (eatwild.com, California section) but that's all I'ma get to tonite... Let me know if any one sounds particularly promising and how much you'd think you'd like? I've got a decent-sized deep freeze and could take probably quite a bit (and accordingly pay for a bit more, obviously) in the event people are worried that they wouldn't have enough room and so not be able to get in on this... I just can't store an entire half-cow... And I can't afford to buy all that in one shot like that either ;D Anyways, anyways. Putting this out there, let me know any ideas... Thanks!

I'd be down for a buffalo too (well, not "too" as in both, I can only handle so much )

I sent out an email inquiring as to buffalo prices on the *one* California (luckily, close) buffalo ranch on eatwild.com... Have not yet looked into non-local options.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast