Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern California Cowpool? (That is, go in on the cost of a cow..) page 3

etomaria is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good deal, will shoot out a "hello, let me know what your plans are for this" email in a second here

Helllloooo! Sent out an email, only to one of you tho... no answer yet, just checkin back here. Anyone else down for this and want in? Send me your email address! e-t-o-m-a-r-i-a (google mail)...

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Hey! I am definitely interested. I'll send email asap.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Hi Maria,

Think I am going to wait and order some bison from Slankers. There is shipping cost but they have a fantastic price on organs and it will come out to about $6/pound. Thanks for looking into it though - maybe I'll join you in January so please announce if you get in on that $3/lb grass fed beef.

Alrite, for anyone down, the cow'll be ready right around 14 August, let me know if you're down, when you'd like to come get it, how you'd like to pay (we'll be splitting up a half of a cow, I'd ideally like to take a quarter of it and either have someone else buy the other quarter or two people go in and take an eighth each... if there happen to be three takers, that's doable too, I can only take an eighth, will prob be a safer bet for the first time anyways!)

Thanks!
    -Maria (you can email me at echo.tango.oscar.mike.alpha.romeo.indigo.alpha-at-gmail.com)

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Is it too late to get in on this? How much would an 1/8th be?
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Ernst is offline Member
    How much per lbs?

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Just waiting for someone to come along and say, "why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free??". I'm in Central Cal and I'm in if you need more peeps!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ha, jeeeez )) (to the milk-for-free line)

As far as the cow goes, I had two people down, neither has answered, so, yes, if you all want an eighth, that's smthn we could do-- it breaks down to right around 5-5.50/lb, the poundage is ... well, I'll paste this from an email I'd sent (modify to suit you-- ie, I think I was talkin bout ground beef in there... if that's not smthn you care about, insert your own in...)

Pasted from email portion starting now:
    "Money-wise, that should work out to [about] $225, pound-wise, we'll have to see... apparently it ranges from 140 to 180 pounds, tho she's said this one'll be on the heavier end. Just to make sure, I was planning on splitting straight down the middle (well... straight down the eighth) and making sure you had an eighth of the total meat/paid an eighth of the $900 since here they don't do per pound, they do a set price... If you don't think that's cool or had something else planned/a better idea, tell me what you'd like, I haven't done this before I don't yet know the exacts as far as how many pounds of what we'll be getting, but will let you know when I find out, however! comma... I don't think making sure you get a decent amound of ground beef/steaks will present a problem... I'll be picking it up, it's in Fairfield, CA (are you familiar with where that is?) and could probably bring it out to you/meet you somewhere halfway, depending on where you are... Let me know! Also, it's paradisevalleybeef.com, I believe... in the event you care to check around the site on your own, see who they are/etc. "

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    So, if I am reading that right, an 1/8th share would be ~$113? Approximately 22 pounds of various cuts of meat? I meet up and hand over cash, or should I pay beforehand?
    I am waiting on a call from my Mom. Might go for 1/4 if she's up for 1/8th on her own.
    When do you need a final decision & payment by?

I hate trying to do math in my head. So, there's only 1/4 of a cow up for grabs if the people you've got lined up fall through? No chance of getting that other 1/2 a cow if we get more people interested?
    Last edited by LessofMimi; 07-28-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: i suck at math in my head
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast