Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Found some Lindt Dark Chocolate at grocery store... page

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member

Found some Lindt Dark Chocolate at grocery store...

Primal Fuel
    Never seen Publix carry this before, but I found three or four different brands of dark chocolate. I ended up going with the Lindt because it was highest % cocao with least sugar/carbs.

85% cacao with only 5g sugar / 5 carbs in nearly half the bar. It's delicious as well.

What percent do you find acceptable?

maba is offline Senior Member
    I believe Lindt 85% does not have Soy Lecithin either.

I like 85% and above. Pralus 100% is the best I've eaten.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    the lindt 85% is really good. I, however, prefer the lindt 90%. Pretty tasty stuff.

+1 for Pralus 100% as well! I'm going to have to order a bar or two before they stop shipping them during the summer months!
    I grok, therefore I am.

Lekki is offline Junior Member
    My favourite is Lindt 80% in the US and Sainsburys Taste the Difference 85% in the UK. I find anything over 70% acceptable to be honest, and that way I have got some great flavours in Europe - pistachio, orange and pear being top picks!

Lxxx

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekki View Post
    My favourite is Lindt 80% in the US and Sainsburys Taste the Difference 85% in the UK. I find anything over 70% acceptable to be honest, and that way I have got some great flavours in Europe - pistachio, orange and pear being top picks!

Lxxx
    I know, they've got the best flavours in Europe! I had a wonderful Lindt blueberry and almond one, and I've recently bought a Spanish bar with 70% chocolate and banana....... soooo good.

That being said, I am partial to the Lindt fleur de sel - amazing!! - but I think it's only about 60%. :-(

mstrudle is offline Member
    I've seen the Lindt 85% carried at Safeway, but that's too little sugar to even bother. Anything above 70% is too bitter and I relegate the sweeter chocolates to occasional indulgences. For everyday, I buy a bar of Ghirardelli's 100% cacao baking chocolate, it's quite good with a bit of heavy cream, and have 1-2 squares.

There's no point in bothering with the antioxidant/flavonols in chocolate if you don't get a continuous stream of them, IMHO.

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrudle View Post
    I've seen the Lindt 85% carried at Safeway, but that's too little sugar to even bother. Anything above 70% is too bitter and I relegate the sweeter chocolates to occasional indulgences. For everyday, I buy a bar of Ghirardelli's 100% cacao baking chocolate, it's quite good with a bit of heavy cream, and have 1-2 squares.
    Funny how our taste buds differ. After a couple months on PB, even 85-90% dark chocolate (Lindt 90%, Ghirardelli 86%, and B&G 85%) tastes quite sweet to me. I tasted some regular milk chocolate around Easter, and it was sickeningly sweet to the point that I really didn't enjoy it.

Ghirardelli 100% is pretty bitter, but I still enjoy eating a couple squares plain from time to time.

There's no point in bothering with the antioxidant/flavonols in chocolate if you don't get a continuous stream of them, IMHO.
    A continuous stream of dark chocolate...sounds good to me! But why do you think a continuous stream is needed to reap the antioxidant benefits?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    When I want rich and dark- Scharffen Berger 99%. It's made only with cocoa and vanilla bean. Nothing else added.

When I want dark and a little sweet- Green & Black's 85%

strom is offline Senior Member
    I like trader joe's belgian dark chocolates.

jermicide is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FOR THE WIN!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast