Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Found some Lindt Dark Chocolate at grocery store... page

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member

Found some Lindt Dark Chocolate at grocery store...

Never seen Publix carry this before, but I found three or four different brands of dark chocolate. I ended up going with the Lindt because it was highest % cocao with least sugar/carbs.

85% cacao with only 5g sugar / 5 carbs in nearly half the bar. It's delicious as well.

What percent do you find acceptable?

maba is offline Senior Member
    I believe Lindt 85% does not have Soy Lecithin either.

I like 85% and above. Pralus 100% is the best I've eaten.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    the lindt 85% is really good. I, however, prefer the lindt 90%. Pretty tasty stuff.

+1 for Pralus 100% as well! I'm going to have to order a bar or two before they stop shipping them during the summer months!
    I grok, therefore I am.

Lekki is offline Junior Member
    My favourite is Lindt 80% in the US and Sainsburys Taste the Difference 85% in the UK. I find anything over 70% acceptable to be honest, and that way I have got some great flavours in Europe - pistachio, orange and pear being top picks!

Lxxx

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekki View Post
    My favourite is Lindt 80% in the US and Sainsburys Taste the Difference 85% in the UK. I find anything over 70% acceptable to be honest, and that way I have got some great flavours in Europe - pistachio, orange and pear being top picks!

Lxxx
    I know, they've got the best flavours in Europe! I had a wonderful Lindt blueberry and almond one, and I've recently bought a Spanish bar with 70% chocolate and banana....... soooo good.

That being said, I am partial to the Lindt fleur de sel - amazing!! - but I think it's only about 60%. :-(

mstrudle is offline Member
    I've seen the Lindt 85% carried at Safeway, but that's too little sugar to even bother. Anything above 70% is too bitter and I relegate the sweeter chocolates to occasional indulgences. For everyday, I buy a bar of Ghirardelli's 100% cacao baking chocolate, it's quite good with a bit of heavy cream, and have 1-2 squares.

There's no point in bothering with the antioxidant/flavonols in chocolate if you don't get a continuous stream of them, IMHO.

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrudle View Post
    I've seen the Lindt 85% carried at Safeway, but that's too little sugar to even bother. Anything above 70% is too bitter and I relegate the sweeter chocolates to occasional indulgences. For everyday, I buy a bar of Ghirardelli's 100% cacao baking chocolate, it's quite good with a bit of heavy cream, and have 1-2 squares.
    Funny how our taste buds differ. After a couple months on PB, even 85-90% dark chocolate (Lindt 90%, Ghirardelli 86%, and B&G 85%) tastes quite sweet to me. I tasted some regular milk chocolate around Easter, and it was sickeningly sweet to the point that I really didn't enjoy it.

Ghirardelli 100% is pretty bitter, but I still enjoy eating a couple squares plain from time to time.

There's no point in bothering with the antioxidant/flavonols in chocolate if you don't get a continuous stream of them, IMHO.
    A continuous stream of dark chocolate...sounds good to me! But why do you think a continuous stream is needed to reap the antioxidant benefits?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    When I want rich and dark- Scharffen Berger 99%. It's made only with cocoa and vanilla bean. Nothing else added.

When I want dark and a little sweet- Green & Black's 85%

strom is offline Senior Member
    I like trader joe's belgian dark chocolates.

jermicide is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FOR THE WIN!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast