Thread: Grok didn't need mouthwash... page

valmason01 is offline Senior Member

Grok didn't need mouthwash...

Primal Fuel
    We all know this but it's fun to find the information in other places...

Prehistoric Plaque and the Gentrification of Europe
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Yes, very good and thoughtful work from the University of Adelaide there. It deserves to be widely read.

Someone should, however, tell the National Geographic that "maw" is an archaic word for stomach.

Milton in Paradise Lost:

So Death shall be deceav'd his glut, and with us two / Be forc'd to satisfie his Rav'nous Maw.
    Here's the derivation:

Old English maga, from Germanic *magē-, from Indo-European *mak- ‘bag, belly’. Cognate with Dutch maag, German Magen, Swedish mage; and (from Indo-European) with Welsh megin ‘bellows’, Russian мошна ‘pocket, bag’, Lithuanian măkas ‘purse’.
    This is what comes of journalists reaching for "elegant variation": they pick the wrong words. If they'd just stuck with "mouth" they'd have been fine.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Yes interesting. What toothpaste (or lack of it) do people on here like to use?

Paleobird Guest
    I use baking soda.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Anything fluoride-free. Mostly powders. I've tried and liked the tropical traditions toothpastes.
    Interestingly, my kids haven't had any cavities since we stopped using fluoride toothpastes but did have some before we switched.
    We use 1.5% hydrogen peroxide w/ essential oils for mouthwash.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I have started using baking powder. Just makes more sense.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    Yes interesting. What toothpaste (or lack of it) do people on here like to use?
    None here. No toothpaste or brushing. I do floss. I have no cavities and no tooth problems. Unlike my SO who is fanatic about brushing, rinsing, flossing, repeat, repeat, repeat and her teeth are falling out of her head.

Go figure....
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Earthpaste by the Redmond Salt people. I used to be a huge Tom's of Maine fan until they sold out to Colgate, which made me immediately look for something else because I was soooo mad. I can see myself slowly getting to the point where I will concoct my own at some not too distant point in the future.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I use a Waterpick instead of flossing. It's much, much better; it gets inside the pockets as well as inbetween the teeth, and it gently stimulates the gums for growth. Then I use a soft brush and any paste around, baking powder is fine, salt works also.

I've had an interesting realization this last month. The content of my saliva has changed completely. My mouth 'tastes' different. It tastes and feels oily, making me realize that it used to taste like water and sugar. There were a number of posts a few months ago about oil-pulling. At the time I thought that was pretty unusual, but now I think it would work well. My pockets have decreased just because of the oil content of my saliva. I've thought of trying my Waterpick with oilve oil instead of water, but I'm afraid the molecular sizes are too different.