View Poll Results: Is 1 quart/ day of quality milk too much?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 1 quart is excessive

18 56.25%
  • No, 1 quart is fine

14 43.75%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General Consensus Poll: Drinking Milk page 3

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I did use some milk because CW said its healthy. PB came as a relief, I don't have to! I'm happy!
    I only use some cream in my coffee and a little cheese (a slice or 2 a week appr.)

USMCStang is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the responses, guys! Yes, I am a former Marine, but the "Stang" is because I am a Ford Mustang fanatic (I have a 98 GT).

I was much more muscular in high school (about 185, but I'd guess about 7% body fat) because our sports programs promoted heavy lifting. Once I joined the Corps, most of my muscle mass declined, and I went down to around 160, mainly due to all the chronic cardio. I could easily run 3 miles in 18 minutes, but I could barely squat 200, and I was doing 350 in high school.

Since the time of my discharge (In 2003), I've been working in IT, sitting at a desk most of the day. I still go out and backpack on long weekends, but my physical activity declined, I was eating SAD, and my body fat has subsequently increased. Once I hit 200 pounds, I said "enough is enough", and started reading, thus finding primal.

Anyway, as far as calorie and nutrient intake, milk isn't making me exceed any goals, and I am definitely not lactose intolerant. Because it's one of the "sensible vices", I want to make sure I'm not overdoing it. Some days, it may only be a pint or so. Other days, it's a quart or more. I'm mostly concerned with keeping insulin spikes to a minimum, but I love having a steak, steamed veggies, and an ice cold glass of milk for dinner.

So, it appears that as long as milk doesn't cause any allergy or digestive issues FOR ME, that it's OK as long as it keeps my other ratios (calories, carbs, protiens, fats, etc) within goals.

elfman5150 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCStang View Post
    So, it appears that as long as milk doesn't cause any allergy or digestive issues FOR ME, that it's OK as long as it keeps my other ratios (calories, carbs, protiens, fats, etc) within goals.
    ^^This. I personally will have creamline milk every once in a while, mainly because I LOVE the taste. Having said that, there are other things I would rather eat, including others forms of dairy such as some good old fashioned whole milk yogurt. Have you heard of Trader's Point Creamery? They sell them at Whole Foods, and they make a mean creamline yogurt.
    So enjoy your milk; the main thing is to just listen to your body

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123