Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Skechers Shape Up Shoes a Waste of Money? page 3

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Let's see... in ballet we wore soft slippers most of the time. My feet were wickedly strong. I could stand on my toes without the support of toe shoes (not for any length of time, mind you). So, I'm all for working your WHOLE foot through it's entire range of motion.

It was going barefoot around my house for about 2 years (after my babies) that I developed an extreme case of PF. Which tends to be a common problem among new moms... barefoot, no longer PG... LOL!

It was changing to my Birkenstocks at all times that got rid of the PF

I have hardwood floors. I can not tolerate the pain associated with barefoot walking... I wear my Fit Flops... which I would say are just comfy, and would not say that I get any sort of leg workout AT ALL... perhaps if my legs were in worse shape???

I have several nurse friends that wear the MBTs and they love them. I certainly wouldn't judge. They are walking on hard surfaces all day for often up to 10 hours. WAY different than walking around in dirt, which is softer, even if packed.

Years ago, I trained to walk a marathon. For 2 months I trained on trails (and running shoes.) Based on trail times, I should have finished in about 5.5 hours... HOWEVER, when I switched (I know... idiot training situation... serious lack of understanding), to the CEMENT for the race, I was in major pain within an 2 hours... and finished in 8 miserable hours.

Probably important to realize that Grok didn't walk much on cement or tile and such... and if he did, I'd wager he'd need a bit of a shock absorber.

Well, with all that babbling... I'd say, I doubt these shoes give you much of a workout. They do kind of make you walk through your whole foot, but seemingly a bit constricted... So, Maybe a tiny workout is had, and a bit of ham/calf stretch. Which for some people would be better than nothing... But my personal experience is that this type of shoe is weirdly comfy!
    Last edited by twinmama; 05-03-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Ps=PF, and I just ordered some MBTs

strom is offline Senior Member
    They make you use your calfs more and force you in a more upright posture. I didn't get them for exercise though. More for long distance walks on boardwalks and city streets. I also hope I can correct how my feet angle outwards when I walk, and I strike the medial side of the foot with more force. When you walk in normal shoes afterwards, it feels like your foot sticks to the ground. That's when you notice your calfs are sore. I will post an update in several months when I get used to wearing them for long periods of time.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    yes

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    A fool and his money are soon parted...
    hahahaha

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123