Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The beauty of a fat body page 5

superdooper is offline Junior Member
    For me, the worst of it is the way that society classifies things.

For instance, do you guys remember the "plus size" model on America's Next Top Model a season or two ago? Here's a refresher image.

All this does is tell perfectly healthy, attractive girls that they are plus size. This causes them to go to great lengths to lose extreme and unhealthy amounts of weight.

It's sickening.

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    After one class, I fished one of the drawings out of the trash (yeah, they'd do all this on butcher paper and throw it all away!) and had it framed.
    I love this!
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superdooper View Post

For instance, do you guys remember the "plus size" model on America's Next Top Model a season or two ago? Here's a refresher image.

All this does is tell perfectly healthy, attractive girls that they are plus size. This causes them to go to great lengths to lose extreme and unhealthy amounts of weight.

It's sickening.
    Oh I remember her. And i actually have the same body type as the plus sized model in the "whale and mermaid" post. AND i always hated that they were called "plus size" It makes you feel terrible for having the tiniest amount of fat where it could be seen by the human eye. I still have to tell myself that just because I don't have muscle definition in my arms or I can't really see my collarbones yet doesn't mean that I'm fat. I agree that shit is damaging to us "medium" size wearing girls

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    if only more people were as ambivalent and/or uncaring about what other people do with their bodies as i am

someone is 500+ lbs and wants to take a glamor shot? i don't give a sht

someone is <100lbs and wants to take a glamor shot? i don't give a sht

it's a very zen way of going through life
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member

It's sickening.
    I cannot believe THIS woman is a PLUS SIZE model! This makes my blood boil. Cripes. I mean... she looks beautiful. I see no flub or fat rolls. I don't see her bones either. She's beautiful. This is a very skewed vision of "plus size."
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    She's a plus size model and looks like what a gorgeous woman SHOULD look like.

Years ago they had an exhibit in the art gallery on campus. Photos of concentration camp women in Poland. They looked identical to models today.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

ReformedSlacker is offline Junior Member
    I can see beauty in these crazy obese women. Some of them would be completely stunning if they lost 300 pounds.

And 34H?! I don't know how to follow that without disrespecting someone other than to say "Holy awesome!"

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I think it's odd that there are accusations of fat shaming. I've seen just one comment on this thread that I felt was truly hateful. Most of us commented first that we were overweight ourselves, and my concerns were (about the fat women) that their size would truly affect their quality of life as well as their health and I listed individual areas where I am positive they are affected. The skinny women- those women are anorexic and probably won't live long if they don't seek help, that's a mental illness.

The bottom line is that there's a difference between realistically addressing the problems associated with obesity (and in this case, morbid obesity) and fat shaming. I don't believe anyone should be bullied, but neither do I think that fat acceptance should go so far as to ignore the obvious risks and the way it affects quality of life. When you get rashes in between your skin folds, can't wipe your bottom because you can reach it, can't go out with friends because you can't fit in a booth and a chair won't support you, can't fly because you can't walk down the aisle of an airplane let alone fit in a seat, can't drive because you can't fit behind a steering wheel, etc. these are real issues and ignoring them in the name of "fat acceptance" is ludicrous. People that heavy need compassionate assistance, not just acceptance.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I looked mostly at their eyes. No one looked happy, at all.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

It's sickening.

I'm the size of a "plus size model." The ones hired to advertise for Lane Bryant, where I don't shop because the clothes are 3 sizes too big. That never ceases to astound me.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast