Thread: Primal Dental Plaque page

Nigel is offline Senior Member

Primal Dental Plaque

Shop Now
    Found this article today:- Ancient Teeth Bacteria Record Disease Evolution

V. interesting.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    They had a narrower grouping of bacteria as plaque on their teeth. And obviously that bacteria was less harmful to their teeth. So I'd guess that eating a narrower group of foods, without grains, is good for teeth health, and the body's. Are they going to try to determine what that bacteria was, and from where it came.

I have the sense, though, that we acquire a lot of bacteria just from the air and soil around us. To be as pure as they were, we'd have to move into a virgin forest or field.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    They had a narrower grouping of bacteria as plaque on their teeth. And obviously that bacteria was less harmful to their teeth. So I'd guess that eating a narrower group of foods, without grains, is good for teeth health, and the body's. Are they going to try to determine what that bacteria was, and from where it came.

I have the sense, though, that we acquire a lot of bacteria just from the air and soil around us. To be as pure as they were, we'd have to move into a virgin forest or field.
    Think you may have misunderstood. Modern man has fewer species of bacteria in our dental plaque than our forebears, with damaging bacteria dominant compared to our forebears. Diversity of bacteria is good. Eat more dirty food
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    I would theorize that it's all the sugar in the modern diet that causes that "permanent disease state".

Stefansson 3 - Eskimos Prove An All Meat Diet Provides Excellent Health.

"The best teeth and the healthiest mouths were found among people who never drank milk since they had ceased to be suckling babes and who never in their lives tasted any of the other things recommended for sound teeth by the New York Commissioner of Health. These people, Eskimos, never use tooth paste, tooth powder, tooth brushes, mouth wash, or gargle. They never take any pains to cleanse their teeth or mouths. They do not visit their dentist twice a year or even once in a lifetime. Their food is exclusively meat."

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Just my experience, but when I gave up wheat/gluten, my lifelong plaque and gum issues went away.

peril is offline Senior Member
    It is entirely consistent with the work of Weston A Price. Doubtless diet is a major factor but it may not come down to bacteria alone. Price makes a big case for micronutrients, particularly fat soluble vitamins. My guess is that refined carb intake has a large bearing on the bacterial population of our mouths
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine