Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Off That F*#@ing Scale! page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Get Off That F*#@ing Scale!

Primal Fuel
    I have to keep telling myself to get off that f*#@ing scale.

I need to keep myself to weighing myself only once every two weeks... or even once a week.

Right now I do it too often and sometimes get miffed my no movement...but then I look back and remember what I weighed a month ago and see that there IS movement.

Does anyone else have problems staying off the scale?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

bootson is offline Senior Member
    I weigh myself waaaay too much. However, if I don't - I forget about my goal and end up eating far too much. I've lost 46-7ish now, so I guess it's working .

PrimalPeg is offline Member
    Yes!! I have trouble limiting my weigh-ins to "only" once a day. And I'm never happy with the numbers. I've been following PB since the beginning of March (same as you!), but I've only lost 10 pounds. I know I should be happy with the results, and this is a health and lifestyle thing, but the weight loss DOES matter to me. I'll enjoy the health benefits after I lose the weight!

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    If you're going to weigh yourself everyday, you could use it as a tool. Make a graph online, that way you can see how different foods have affected your losses. If you can handle daily-weighing I don't see a problem with it. Just take the emotion out of it, keep doing what you're doing!!!!!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

batty is offline Senior Member
    despite preaching to everyone and their mom to get off the damn scale, yeah, i am guilty of it myself. i just depressed myself tonight, actually, because i am awesome like that. i'm going to go stick the scale in the garage.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Vick is offline Senior Member
    I weigh myself once a week at the gym. I know the weeks I don't lose weight it is because of the muscle gain.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    I weigh myself once a day or so. But the only one that counts is the official once a week weigh in. I track my progress on a graph because I'm metrics driven like that. I also measure BF and inches. I don't get hung up on the numbers though. If I did I'd probably cut back to every-other-week weighings.

PhilR is offline Member
    I have stopped with the scale. I only use my belt now. I have a belt that I started with on the last hole I'm on the 8th hole now. I do still have a lot of my old pants that are way to big they just get the belt. Scale would drive me nuts.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    sledgehammer to the scale...best decision i ever made

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I weigh in maybe 2ce a week. My real gage is an old belt from HS. Freshman year of HS I punched a hole. I figure, being 25 now, if I can get to the last original hole or (even better) the hole I made, I'm doing something right... I'm down from the 2nd hole to the last original hole.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast