Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Doctors: "Tax fizzy drinks and bad junk food ads" page

Owen is offline Senior Member

UK Doctors: "Tax fizzy drinks and bad junk food ads"

Shop Now
    To put this in context, we have a Nationally Funded Health Service, and finally the modern diet is strangling it.

BBC News - Tax fizzy drinks and ban junk food ads, say doctors

We've had a pharma-culture that ignored the importance of diet, like all western nations, but it's finally caught up with us!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    because taxing those foods has worked so well for the rest of the world?

indeed
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    At least they are only taxing them in the UK.... in NYC, you can't get one bigger than 16oz.... thank goodness I have 2 hands!

2 hands and the space between your elbow and chest. and forearm. x2. i mean, theoretically, you could carry off 10 if you're careful
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    2 hands and the space between your elbow and chest. and forearm. x2. i mean, theoretically, you could carry off 10 if you're careful
    Maybe even more, if I put those baggyazz pants I used to wear..... the pockets could hold a freakton... maybe a liter bottle each.... and one of those 2-can hard hats with the sippy straw.... aw hell, just get a wagon and a CO2 bottle with a keg....

and thennn..... diabeetus
    beautiful
    yeah you are

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Tax it 100%! Better yet, ban all of it! But just remember: street drugs are illegal too. When's the last time you saw meth on a store shelf? If people want something badly enough, people will have it.

Ps. Taxation is theft.
    Last edited by j3nn; 02-18-2013 at 03:24 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Pthhhhh forget taxing it.. how about just stop subsidizing the sugar & grain industry?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    In theory a good idea if the tax actually funded the NHS, but it would just go in to the pot and get spent on ponies for camerons friends
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    In theory a good idea if the tax actually funded the NHS, but it would just go in to the pot and get spent on ponies for camerons friends

Well at least it would be healthyer eating than the fizzy drinks & pasties
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast