Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barbell Squats Are Not Primal? page

Chorlton is offline Member

Exclamation Barbell Squats Are Not Primal?

Shop Now
    I came across this interesting blog post on why barbell squats are not paleo. (i was searching for alternatives to squats..).

I thought it made sense. What do you think?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    I think he has a right to his opinion but nothing on this gods green earth is paleo anymore. It's an idealized way of living that makes you feel good and is good for you

If hed said barbell squats arent natural evolution-direct movements based on his kids never having done rhem then itd be a whole different ball game
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    I think he has a right to his opinion but nothing on this gods green earth is paleo anymore. It's an idealized way of living that makes you feel good and is good for you

If hed said barbell squats arent natural evolution-direct movements based on his kids never having done rhem then itd be a whole different ball game
    Wait didn't he say exactly that ?

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Ok, but if I want to carry a dead body over the shoulders is the way to go, I'm gonna get it over while low down then stand up.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    The whole concept of "training" isn't Paleo. Squats are a favourite among many of the top trainers in the world, and arguing with them based on the concept of whether it is Paleo or not is rather silly.

Weighted squats can be done safely with proper technique.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Chorlton is offline Member
    Generally speaking a beneficial whole body movement is preferable to say, a leg curl. It's easy to see why people like squats. It's hard to argue with the assertion that a weighted squat is not a movement found in nature though.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    The whole concept of "training" isn't Paleo. Squats are a favourite among many of the top trainers in the world, and arguing with them based on the concept of whether it is Paleo or not is rather silly.

Weighted squats can be done safely with proper technique.
    Nope. I'm convinced. I'm done with squats and going to take up wooly mammoth hunting instead.

wnoblit is offline Junior Member
    Solution = Full Squat Cleans (there, I just made it Primal)

That would be the barbell equivalent to throwing a carcass over your should, or hefting a log up to build a shelter.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wnoblit View Post
    Solution = Full Squat Cleans (there, I just made it Primal)

That would be the barbell equivalent to throwing a carcass over your should, or hefting a log up to build a shelter.
    +1
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    How would he pick something up off the ground, with one kid strapped to his back?

I'm just sayin'...

He's completely ignoring the necessity of carrying a weighted pack on your back. It is something he's never seen his kids do, because he (probably) doesn't make them walk while carrying everything they own. If he ever had to carry something heavy, he'd rather have it on his back than in his hands like a deadlift.

I still load rucks on a chair, then squat down and strap in, standing up like it was a weighted squat. The other option is to load it on the floor, deadlift/clean it up, and manipulate it and yourself so the ruck and your back line up. It's kind of a hassle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast