Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent Fasting page

mihirshah.83 is offline Junior Member

Intermittent Fasting

Hello Everyone.

I have a question about intermittent fasting.

If I workout in the morning on a fasted state , then when should my meals begin and how many meals a day i should consume

Please help

mihir

Chorlton is offline Senior Member
    What kind of fasting regimen are you following?

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't matter. It's all about what your goals are and what's the most comfortable to you.

However, if I could give the most simplest answer, I'd say it's been my experience that 2 meals per day seems to be the best on average. The timing isn't all that important. I prefer lunch and dinner.

If you can't do it at first, just work your way up to it by eating breakfast later and later until eventually your first meal is lunch time.

You can experiment with other frequencies as well such as 24 hour fasts. My honest answer to that is that 24 hour fasts can be helpful if you are trying to lose weight. They can also be very convenient if you're lazy. They also serve as a good lesson that if you know you aren't hungry, it's perfectly ok to skip a meal, and probably ideal if you're trying to lose weight.

The main thing is that you need to realize that it doesn't matter so much. Learn to be flexible. Learn to develop a plan that's the most comfortable for you.

Again, I recommend that 2 meals per day seems the most practical on average. But you'll still have to experiment and see what you like the best.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Ripped, I would never have believed you if I hadn't started to experience this for myself.

Lately I've found myself skipping breakfast just because I'm not ready for it. Today I even did my step class and the week's grocery shopping before breaking my fast at lunchtime.

My workout did not suffer for it, and my eating for the rest of the day remained normal.

It's an amazing feeling to be so in control of my food intake rather than the other way around.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    2nd "doesn't matter" here. It's up to you and what your body can handle. Some of us do 1 meal a day just fine and others can't go 3 hours without food without fainting.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Daniel_UK is offline Junior Member
    The guy at leangains.com goes over this in some detail. He recommends the following, assuming you're fasting 10pm - 2pm:

7.45am - BCAAs
    8am - train
    10am - BCAAs
    12pm - BCAAs
    2pm - first meal.

The BCAAs help your body begin the recovery process while maintaining the fasted state.

Go and explore leangains.com for more information.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Agree, it depends, I get pretty hungry after hard workouts, about an hour after I've done is when I really want to eat, but a bike ride at a moderate pace and not so urgent that I eat.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_UK View Post
    The guy at leangains.com goes over this in some detail. He recommends the following, assuming you're fasting 10pm - 2pm:

7.45am - BCAAs

10am - BCAAs
    12pm - BCAAs
    2pm - first meal.

The BCAAs help your body begin the recovery process while maintaining the fasted state.

Go and explore leangains.com for more information.
    I've been checking that out the last couple of days and started yesterday.

8PM-12PM Fasting
    10AM Train

I like his writing style and I'm doing this as a method for BG control as well as other health benefits.

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    I follow a LG approach and train fasted every day due to schedule. I workout anytime between 5 and 6 in the morning (weights MWF, SS cardio TRS), and break my fast anytime after 12 noon, however it's rare I'll go much beyond noon since I'm starving by that point! I actually will do three meals, mostly because I find it hard to hit calorie and protein goals with only two meals. For me, I'm trying to get over 200g of protien/day and anywhere from 1800 - 22 cals, depending on the day. Splitting that into three meals is much easier. YMMV.

Good luck!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mark provides 3 ways to IF. 1) skipping meals, 2) Condensed Eating Windows of 4-7 hours, 3) Early and Late.
    I use the second way because it fits into my normal retired day so easily. I eat 3 meals a day beginning at noon and ending at 6pm with dinner. This also means I fast (water only) from 7pm until noon the next day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast