Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you use scales? page 3

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I weighed myself a few times a week while I was trying to lose weight.
    Now that I'm where I want to be, I go by how my clothes fit, and how I look in the mirror.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I weigh once a week, when I remember. Ipay more attention to the fit of my jeans. I am super excited that they fit comfortably on the first day of my cycle this month!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Yes. For my body and for my food.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalot View Post
    Do you use scales to weigh yourself?
    Yes, absolutely, several times a week. The Number isn't the only thing I pay attention too, but for sure I measure and track.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    I just stopped weighing daily. I have also stopped tracking calories. Hopefully it's not a recipe for disaster! My plan is to weigh myself monthly and measure bi-monthly. After diligently tracking everything for 6 months, I feel I have a pretty good idea how much food I'm eating. And because I IF daily, I'm more at risk of eating too little than too much.

I'm free, finally free

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    I step on a scale every morning. I'm incented by it. If I lose a bit of weight, it encourages me to lose more. If I gain a bit of weight, it lets me know I should perhaps eat a bit less today.
    this. I weigh myself almost daily, and if I see that I've gained weight I have more incentive to eat less for the day.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Yes. For my body and for my food.
    Lol, yes, and I love them both.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Rhiannon8404 is offline Junior Member
    Scales for body and food, too.

I weigh every day. It works for me. I obsess if I don't weigh. I have lost almost 75 lbs over the last two years. At the moment I am trying to make sure I maintain my loss. I have found that I can gain as much at 8-10 lbs before I notice it in my clothes. I need to weigh to see if I am starting to trend up so I can do something to head it off.

primalton is offline Junior Member
    Since going primal almost a year ago, I only used a scale twice. I don't even keep a scale in the house, so I just do I when I'm at someone else's. Both times I found, that I lost a significant amount of weight, which was very motivational. (Even though I already knew that going by clothes and measurements.) I was actually thinking about getting a scale as a new means of measurement, since I can't go by clothes anymore. (They all fit now
    However, I think if you truly want to see your progress, you're better off, taking pictures of yourself once a month or so. You'll see changes you couldn't possibly see by looking at a number.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123