Thread: Hi everyone! page

Neil10 is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone!

Shop Now
    I'm Neil, I've just registered to use the forums, so I thought I'd say hi!

I've been losing weight for three years - well, I say 3 years..i actually lost 2 stone (28-32lbs) between March 2010 and Dec 2010. I pretty much managed to keep it off until Sept 2012, when I started gaining some of it back. Until this point I was still eating carbs, and had been managing (for the most part) to keep the weight of by portion contrl. I got up to 11st (154lbs) by 12th Nov, at which point a friend of mine suggested I try out the paleo way of eating.

I've got to say, the results have been amazing. As soon as I started cutting carbs (literally within the first 2-3 days) I started to feel less tired. Now I have so much energy - I feel better than I have for many years. I've also lost 10lbs (I now weigh 144lbs) without having tried. All I've done is, I've stopped eating bread, rice and pasta, and instead I tend to have a med-large salad/vegetables + protein and sometimes an egg for most meals. I even have this for breakfast. Sometimes I'll have a small amount of noodles (25g), but not very often. Maybe once or twice a week, at most.

I also go to the gym twice a week. I mainly do cardio - bike or cross-trainer for 45 mins. I'm still experimenting with my carb levels, but I went to to the gym on Friday, and I had a really good workout. My only source of carbs that day were from salads/vegetables and 3-4 cups of coffee (with one sugar each), but I still powered away - my workouts seem to be almost completely unaffected by cutting my carbs. I can hardly believe it!

Thanks everyone, bye for now.

Neil

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Welcome Neil!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.