Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dairy is driving me batty! page

A.M. Roots is offline Member

Dairy is driving me batty!

So done with dairy, it's driving me crazy! I can't do it anymore, I blow any attempts at successful IF's if I continue eating cheese and heavy cream. Jeeez! Now that my diet is really clean I am noticing these tendencies that used to be so subtle. It's alarming. It seemed harmless at first, a good high fat low carb snack or meal addition. But without diary I can go many hours without feeling hunger and days without weird cravings. Guys, I just moved and got a job to tide me over. . .I sell cheese. Doh! LOL. Anyway it's just silly work, but it's fun to learn about like fine wine. I think the real trick is not having any for a week or so and then just not buying it for home. Same with heavy cream. I will do green tea instead of coffee and only bust out the whisk for a special occasion. Can I do this? Look how much I've done already. If I really care about my health this is truly a blip on the radar. A stupid speed bump that potentially could flatten a tire and bend your rim or. . .you could just slow down, drive over it and drive away unharmed. I've had addictions to drugs in my life. Now I'm sensitised and know exactly why for anybody like me, it should be avoided. Words of support are nice!

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    I would agree and if it feels better don't argue with it. dairy is not a part of my diet either. Its almost like an indulgence for me and as soon as I put some greek yogurt in my mouth I go overbaord a bit like carbs. then feel shit later, think drinking the milk of an another animal (esp one with four stomachs!) bit of a pain for your body to digest and a bit draining.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A.M. Roots View Post
    A stupid speed bump that potentially could flatten a tire and bend your rim or. . .you could just slow down, drive over it and drive away unharmed.
    This is an awesome analogy! I really like it.

WTG figuring out what works for you and what doesn't. I'm just starting to see some of those subtle patterns myself. I still eat some cheese and cream... but I've had to quit the yogurt (gives me crazy cravings) and I'm starting to think I can only do cream later in the day, because if I have it with breakfast I'm hungry sooner.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I bet your first couple lines are the same thought that milk cows have inside their heads from time to time.

A.M. Roots is offline Member
    Hey ya'll, I can't even begin to explain how strong of a lure it is. I all of the sudden in the last 3 days of buying and enjoying it got crazy. I overate today because of diary cravings so I just gave in and had a bunch of coconut milk (a lot) and beef throughout the day and figure stop this madness and start over tomorrow clean. Had to eat a bunch of Sat. fats to calm the system. Im guessing 2 days of less food and primarily meats and some veg. and my body will be happy again. I felt really good a couple days ago. Kind of a bummer but glad I know. I don't even think Im going to use butter. Picking up some coconut oil tomorrow, that and olive oil will be just fine for me. Damn, I should be in a study. Feel gross from the amazing amount of food I consumed today but screw it. Moving on. . .

Little_Fish is offline Member
    what is hard for me is denying the urge to buy a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch or other delicious General Mills cereal and fill up a giant bowl of it with thick cream on top full fat milk.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Thread: Dairy is driving me batty!

HEY

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i overeat dairy when i have it as well... i think making your gut bacteria more heathy has a huge impact on how your body handles dairy. i would never touch store bought cheese/cream though b/c of the additives and pasteurization

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I've been craving dairy and I'm not sure why.

verdilak is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm that way when I eat fruit or almonds.... I just have to have more.
    Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast