Thread: It Just Keeps Coming. page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

It Just Keeps Coming.

Shop Now
    Todays News:

The meat Industry now Consumes 4/5ths of all Antibiotics - isn't that wholesome.
    The Meat Industry Now Consumes Four-Fifths of All Antibiotics | Mother Jones

Fat and Heart Disease - Exposing the Villian
    Fat and Heart Disease - Exposing the Villain

Why Beef Is Becoming More Like Chicken
    Zilmax: The cattle growth drug that’s making beef more like chicken. - Slate Magazine

Europe has passed comprehensive laws against using Zilmax.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Sucks to live in america eh?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    And this is why I support good, old fashioned, non-medicated, non-drugged, natural BEEF.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Sucks to eat lots of meat, more like. Better things to spend my money on than the inflated prices of grass fed meat. I just eat the odd offal every few weeks since it's still cheap, and live like a lactovegetarian for the rest of the time.

This is all thanks to people proudly living ignorant, like voting no on 37 for example. Most people won't even know about this, unfortunately.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

To each their own Derp.

Organic beef and duckies this week.
    Breaking out the wild turkey and pork when hubs gets home in a few days.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Well, the thing is, I really like animals as well. The thing that upsets me the most isn't the fact it's unhealthy for human consumption, but the fact these poor animals are so poorly treated. They're being raised without love, as food bags, and it's not even to supply food to the poor as even CAFO meat is too expensive to eat regularly for those in poverty. It's to turn a profit, and it shows how little empathy and care the majority of people have for the planet now. We really are the worst thing to happen to Earth.

Not going to get off on much more of a moral tangent, I understand the food chain, and I'm not really a vegetarian, so I have more respect for those who actually do buy local, humanely raised, overpriced meat for more reasons. I just don't like meat all that much to justify the price.

;_; Cows and ducks are my favorite animals besides cats
    Last edited by Derpamix; 02-17-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

I'm a local humanely raised (overpriced?) meat buyer... ethics is part of it. I'm not a fan of factory farming for about 1000 reasons.

We also hunt game animals... including the ever destructive and invasive non-native wild pigs.
    Not much more ethical than that IMO. Those animals have lived their lives exactly as intended, and I pay for the privileged to harvest them, and for their conservation.

I like a lot of animals, but they are also food so it does not make me sad to eat them.
    I grew up farming, and hunting, and observing nature... it's the natural way of the world.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche