Thread: Breastfeeding and Stalled Scale page

lesleyrdh is offline Junior Member

Breastfeeding and Stalled Scale

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I could use the advice of others on breastfeeding and the scales I am a breastfeeding mother of a 4 month old and went Paleo 6wks ago. The first 11days I lost 7lbs, but since only 1lb. Quick rundown of my day: I eat high fat/protein/low carb (less than 50g easily), and I exercise 6 days a week (sprinting 1/wk and aerobic 5/wk keeping within my burning zone).....no weight loss. I added in daily Intermittent Fasting to see if that would help...1lb down). My milk supply is great and I feel great. I have plenty of energy and the baby is getting all he needs. Any suggestions would be great as to why I just can't get the scales down

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Do not go low carb while breastfeeding, you will likely end up feeling like shit. Baby will be fine as your body prioritises the milk supply, by that lactose has got to come from somewhere. My wife really stuggles if her carbs get too low, she has been feeding this one (kipping on me right now) for 15 months. The scales will take care of themselves if yiu give it time and eat a sensible moderate carb primal diet.

Also don't IF you need fuel to feed.

Also you store a lot of toxins in your body fat, if you burn off bodyfat too quick while feeding where do you think them toxins are going to go? A 1 to 2 lbs a week loss is more than enough if you are feeding.

I would say you are stessing your body so it won't let go of the weight, chill out, take some time to enjoy the those baby months as they go too fast. Eat sensible moderate carb primal and don't skip meals at the moment.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................