Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: European Meat Scandal page 4

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am at this moment making a pot full of horse meat stew. I got 10 lbs fresh from the butcher and it is much more flavourful than beef and at 3$/lb I cant complain. it makes wonderful steaks too.
    I repeat... you might reconsider eating US horse meat. Many, many horses go straight from the race track up to Canada. Many. They inject the hell out of those horses to get one last race. They don't let them detox before auction. The other good % of slaughtered horses are culled quarter horses. They get something other than oats too... probably something to bulk them up. They give horses some crazy shit, including things like anti-psychotic meds. Crappy horse trainers (ie, those who send horses to auction a lot) are always on the look out for a new drug to get one more race or one more performance and will put anything they might think will work in a horse's body.

I'm all for slaughter, but if you eat horsemeat from the US, it isn't organic pasture raised. It's full of a lot of chemicals not to be used in horses meant for consumption.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I am thinking that you are talking friend here as in animal friend - but it does raise the question about human flesh. I read about the football team that crashed in the Andies - years ago - and it made me think - what would I do ????????

sorry to digress........
    You'd eat the vegan first.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    MM - I am not sure which would be more tasty - if we truely believe that "you are what you eat" then I'm not sure a rabbit food vegan would taste as good as a hunky meat eater ????????
    ................ as an aside I haven't actually tried either but if I was on a plane flying over the Andies with a rugby team full of hunky meat...................... which one would you choose ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    the vegan has potentially eaten alot of soy and nasty vege oils too LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    the vegan has potentially eaten alot of soy and nasty vege oils too LOL
    damned good point Seas !!!!!!! so I think that the jury ( of 2) has come in on the big hunky frellas !!!!!!!!

I am still not sure about the horse thou !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    There are days when I would rather eat the dog than put up with him any longer. The wife would be upset tho. The horse meat I get comes from a local farm in southern Quebec that raises horses for meat for the local market, Lots of demand for horse in Quebec.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Thank god for the reason and sense of you all on these forums. I've been rolling my eyes at my entire Facebook feed for the entire time this scandal has been playing out. Everyone is JUST HORRIFIED at the thought of eating horses, and I'm all, dude, why wouldn't I eat a horse? I eat cows and pigs and birds... a horse is just another animal. I get the social taboo about eating pets, but it's not like the horses were anybody's pets, so... ?

I get that the scandal is more about fraudulent labeling, which is totally a serious issue. Not trying to minimize that. But it's like all the Americans have just latched on to the "eating horses" bit and can't let it go. Reminds me of that Mad Men episode where they got tasked with completely rebranding Alpo because people found out there was horsemeat in it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234