Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My story - why PB doesn't work for me. page 3

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    Enough with the pleasantries. Going off your own story it sounds like you failed in ever making the transition to primal/paleo so having never really experienced it how do you know it is not right for you. Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. I'm sorry but that is just how this came across to me.
    Yeah, man. You should have tried harder to stay in our cult! What kind of fucking loser are you, anyway? You're going to go back to eating bread like all the other sick people in the world? You failed paleo, you failed yourself, and I hope your family dies.

Just kidding. I agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I believe most healthy young insulin sensitive people would only experience adverse effect going lower carb high fat.
    And it's more than likely what happened to you. Enjoy a life replete with carbohydrates and free of dieting.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for having the courage to tell us of your trials with PB and that you're quitting, rather than saying nothing and just fading away. I wish you the best in the future and hope you find a way of eating that satisifies you.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsantos View Post
    The only times when I've been completely free of cravings is when I was forced to eat a normal diet because I was travelling or mountaineering, and I certainly felt a lot happier. And in the month of January, while at home, I ate a normal diet for 3 weeks with zero cravings, and as soon as I started flirting with the idea of getting super lean I went straight back to square one.
    This is why dogma and obsession are such problems in this community. A paleo-style diet is a "normal" diet. What you consider "normal" is a recent invention, and that's a big disconnect.

Dude - you're doing it wrong. Plain and simple. This isn't a religion. You don't go to Paleo Hell if you eat an off meal. There is no one forcing you to adhere to any guidelines. You're doing that to yourself, and your constant focus on all the things you "can't eat" is making you crave them simply because you feel you can't have them.

What this is is knowledge. I don't eat grains, legumes and processed foods because I know what's in them. I know it's bad for me, it makes me feel bad and it doesn't taste as good as actual food. Why would I eat something that tastes worse, is worse for me and makes me feel bad when I can eat stuff that tastes great, makes me feel good and that I know is good for me?

I still go out. I still have fun. You can, too. You can still eat a slice of birthday cake if you want. You can still go binge drinking and order a pizza at 2am if you want. No one is stopping you, and you won't go to hell if you do it. What this is is an understanding that this stuff is bad for you, and to only eat those bad things when it is truly worth it to you. Most people eat sandwiches, a bag of chips and a soda for lunch. You don't have to do that! You can eat real food, and there is no pressure to do anything else. Same goes with dinner - no one is seeing what you're cooking for yourself. If you want to go out on Friday night, go out drinking and have 1am tacos drunk as shit, go ahead and do it. All your friends are doing it, but they're eating the crap lunches and dinners as well, so at least you're getting 90% of your meals as high quality to offset that junk better.

And when you get older, you'll moderate more and more as you find yourself encountering less and less social pressure, and frankly, you'll just naturally lose taste for the junk as you eat less and less of it.

That is how it's done. And stop eating low carb. This has nothing to do with low carb. Never has, never will. Eat whatever you want provided it's real food. If that's 2 bunches of bananas and a 5 lb bag of potatoes with extra lean chicken breast, go for it. It's food.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 02-17-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Yeah, man. You should have tried harder to stay in our cult! What kind of fucking loser are you, anyway? You're going to go back to eating bread like all the other sick people in the world? You failed paleo, you failed yourself, and I hope your family dies.

Just kidding. I agree with this:

And it's more than likely what happened to you. Enjoy a life replete with carbohydrates and free of dieting.
    You are a fucking dick. I was only making an observation.

Timthetaco Guest
    Observe all you want. The OP wasn't looking to be talked back from the ledge.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Choco!

100%... yes.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hey Choco!

100%... yes.
    x2 I don't think the OP ever was primal/paleo.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    The Paleo and PB way of eating are not the problem here. Excessive restriction and an obsession with the degree of compliance are bound to cause (and ARE) disordered behavior in relation to food no matter which way of eating one is attempting to adhere.

If we were to measure success by the most valuable results of all, such as improved health and quality of life and not what percentage of one's diet is "good" vs "bad", there wouldn't be such a degree of negativity, guilt, and stress involved. Screw 80/20, 90/10, etc.! Forget lbs, kgs, inches, and clothing sizes. Instead, look forward to enjoying the mile long list of benefits that result from eating off of what is a near-endless list of recommended foods. (I tend to think that weight issues would naturally follow suit for a significant number of people.)

Easier said than done, I know. It requires a conscious effort (daily) to take my own damned advice.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I think that if you go away eating more whole foods and less processed crap, that you have won.

I just spent a week eating SAD. That's when I knewfor sure that Primal was working. I was looking at the crap on my plate and wishing it was primal. My preferences have changed. Hooray for craving healthy food. It did take some time of fighting cravings (and figuring out what to eat to satisfy them), some time of obsessive monitoring (working out macros), and some time of being very strict(fighting a sugar addiction).

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, really there is not only a "healthy" zone and "unhealthy" zone for most people (definitely is for some). But for many of us its a continuum. Take the positive changes you can make from what you have learned and implement. Can't do everything at once to the point of paleo purity? No problem. It's the effort that counts. Just attempt to move in the healthy direction to the best of your capabilities at this time without stressing out. Oh, and definitely address any underlying emotional and other biochemical issues when and how you can.

"Don't let perfection be the enemy of the good"..... Truth.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast