Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5'' 2' - ideal weight? page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

5'' 2' - ideal weight?

Primal Fuel
    I set myself a goal of reaching 60 kg. An arbitrary, rounded number... for no other reason that I can think of.

But my body doesn't NOT want to go there. Have been hovering around 62 - 64 kg for over 12 months. And only got to 60 kg briefly with an accompanying a bout of gastro. Got over the gastro, went back to my range.

Still have a bit of a belly, and boobs and arse. Am thinking I will never be a waif, despite being one as a kid. Age clearly not on my side.

Does anyone know what an ideal weight for a 5'' 2' gal should be?

Is 60 kg unrealistic?
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I am 5'2 and 130 lbs, which is apparently about 59 kg. I am looking good, but in no way ideal. Of course, I don't have all your stats, so you may be fabulous. However, since you are asking the question, I assume you see room for improvement. When I was hovering round 135, I had to move round more, drink less wine, even skipped a meal etc.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I suggest you get your body fat tested. That will give you the information you need.

Conventional ideal body weight estimation is based on calculations. Here's a few. Some work better if you are sedentary.

Estimating IBW (ideal body weight)
    Last edited by eKatherine; 02-17-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Adding a link

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    60kg is at the high end of the scale going purely off BMI. But of course doesn't take into account muscle mass/age etc.

I'm 5"6' and 60kg and still not what you would consider a waif. Before I got here I would have never thought it was possible and my initial goal was just to reach 70kg and be a "healthy" weight.

If you're healthy and happy then let your body do its own thing. If not there are a few good threads about resetting your set point
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Still have a bit of a belly, and boobs and arse. Am thinking I will never be a waif, despite being one as a kid.

You do realise being a woman you are meant to have boobs and a bit of an arse? I do not think women are ever happy with their belly, but the reality is it is hard to lose.

Were you a waif before or after adolescence?

What are you doing for exercise?
    Life. Be in it.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    There's no such thing as an ideal weight, it depends on your frame and what YOU feel comfortable being. I'm 5'4 and I look and feel my best at 45 kg.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I'm 123 and the same height as you though I would like to be leaner at least at 115. I am also happy at my current weight and I look pretty lean already. I don't have a gut sticking out or anything. I think it really depends on your body type. I would focus more on body composition rather the number on the scale. I only said that I would like to be at 115 as I know I will definitely have visible abs at that point having been very close to that weight.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I used the link above: Estimating IBW (ideal body weight) and I'm 10 lbs underweight it says. But I don't look starved or underweight at all. I think that for women they overestimate the desired weight. I'm 5'8" and 128 lbs.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on how you carry your weight and how muscular you are. I am 5'3" and 173lbs. I will be happy if I can get down to 160 I think. I can deadlift 155lbs 5x, bench over 100lbs, and squat over 125lbs. I also wear a 34H bra, so I know I have a fair amount of weight stored there.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I suggest you get your body fat tested. That will give you the information you need.

Conventional ideal body weight estimation is based on calculations. Here's a few. Some work better if you are sedentary.

Estimating IBW (ideal body weight)

According to this, the 'Peoples Choice Ideal Weight' is 55 kg.

Medically I'm at the top end of the 47 - 62 kg spectrum.

I guess I need to ramp up the exercise.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast