Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I had a psychosis several times page

Michiel is offline Member

I had a psychosis several times

Shop Now
    At this time I can't start eating primal yet, because I am living in a patient unit. Within a month I hope to be living on my own and be eating primal. I have already cooked primal a couple of times for my self when I had the chance, namely two times a weekend and I felt having more energy, but it might be too soon to tell.

I am 27 and have had several psychosis's these last couple of years. The psychiatric care consists out of little more than giving you medications that completely turn you dead inside and not able to live or be yourself. But I am done trying to fight the madness of modern medicine. I want to choose for my own health now.

I do think psychiatric disease has a big psychological element in it, besides I think primal living will help. I don't think that this should be discarded and I can tell from my own experience that finding someone you can have deep meaningful conversations with about your problems, without medical dogma, can be key!

I am not taking any medications right now, but I have to be careful in life to take small steps. I shouldn't get too big ideas about something when things start to get a little better. It's good to remember for me that taking small steps doesn't mean getting somewhere in life has to take very very long. I am a beginning artist: Michiels Art .

So my biggest problem is tiredness. I do way to little on a day and it gets frustrating, certainly because I think a got a huge potential intellectually, but also in my craftsmanship. Already I do not drink coffee, and do not eat chocolate. Coffee gets me a litter hyper and that can get dangerous, even if it is just a little bit, Chocolate makes me tired, which I can't use more from.

I am hoping living primally will get the tiredness out. I think I have a huge problem with the liver, because of the medicine and that is what's making me tired. A peculiar thing is that I can't do too much physical exercise at the moment, because when I do I start sleeping really bad. And bad sleeping is the start of every psychosis. It's how I got my last psychosis, because before finding the primal way, the only way I could think off of ridding myself of the chemical mess inside of me and getting to be a normal happy young men like I should be, is by sporting. I tried playing rugby, like in my first year of university, but after two trainings of doing very good, I mostly get to sleep so bad that in my third or fourth week of training I am only doing worse and worse. It is frustrating, because I love playing the game and I know I got a huge physical potential, but for at least till mid 2014 I will do work in an amateur theater. This will be good for me psychologically: finally people around me who tell me am doing good. Lots of people think the arts are pointless, not knowing artists give them room to breath, figuraly speaking all the time, by offering recognition and relieve with new ideas. Some people bug me and in the future I hope to find more harmony in this. More people who are moved with what I do around me.

I had the diagnosis of schizophrenia, but don't think that word really tells anything about me. Only interesting is that you do sometimes find the story on the internet that wheat is very bad for people with 'this illness'. First I thought, that's just crazy impractical, not eating wheat, but reading MDA, It just clicks and funny enough I think for me, as being a health freak all of my life, this will actually feel more intuitive than anything else.

Eager to hear about some peoples views. I tried searching for paleo or primal healing of psychiatric disease, but did not find much interesting results. I do think the real healing of a crisis like a psychosis, comes with good psychological help and a good social catch somewhere. The Primal way will hopefully do the last balancing and healing after bad medical practices. Bring back the energy mainly! And hopefully help brighten up my head as well!
    Last edited by Michiel; 02-17-2013 at 05:38 AM.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I love the art, very expressive!

Like with everything, slow and steady is the best way to approach things. I can't comment on the rest, but I wish you the best.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Check out Emily Deans' writings, e.g. Wheat and Serious Mental Illness
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Jeanie is offline Junior Member

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    At this time I can't start eating primal yet, because I am living in a patient unit. Within a month I hope to be living on my own and be eating primal. I have already cooked primal a couple of times for my self when I had the chance, namely two times a weekend and I felt having more energy, but it might be too soon to tell.

I am 27 and have had several psychosis's these last couple of years. The psychiatric care consists out of little more than giving you medications that completely turn you dead inside and not able to live or be yourself. But I am done trying to fight the madness of modern medicine. I want to choose for my own health now.

I do think psychiatric disease has a big psychological element in it, besides I think primal living will help. I don't think that this should be discarded and I can tell from my own experience that finding someone you can have deep meaningful conversations with about your problems, without medical dogma, can be key!

I am not taking any medications right now, but I have to be careful in life to take small steps. I shouldn't get too big ideas about something when things start to get a little better. It's good to remember for me that taking small steps doesn't mean getting somewhere in life has to take very very long. I am a beginning artist: Michiels Art .

So my biggest problem is tiredness. I do way to little on a day and it gets frustrating, certainly because I think a got a huge potential intellectually, but also in my craftsmanship. Already I do not drink coffee, and do not eat chocolate. Coffee gets me a litter hyper and that can get dangerous, even if it is just a little bit, Chocolate makes me tired, which I can't use more from.

I am hoping living primally will get the tiredness out. I think I have a huge problem with the liver, because of the medicine and that is what's making me tired. A peculiar thing is that I can't do too much physical exercise at the moment, because when I do I start sleeping really bad. And bad sleeping is the start of every psychosis. It's how I got my last psychosis, because before finding the primal way, the only way I could think off of ridding myself of the chemical mess inside of me and getting to be a normal happy young men like I should be, is by sporting. I tried playing rugby, like in my first year of university, but after two trainings of doing very good, I mostly get to sleep so bad that in my third or fourth week of training I am only doing worse and worse. It is frustrating, because I love playing the game and I know I got a huge physical potential, but for at least till mid 2014 I will do work in an amateur theater. This will be good for me psychologically: finally people around me who tell me am doing good. Lots of people think the arts are pointless, not knowing artists give them room to breath, figuraly speaking all the time, by offering recognition and relieve with new ideas. Some people bug me and in the future I hope to find more harmony in this. More people who are moved with what I do around me.

I had the diagnosis of schizophrenia, but don't think that word really tells anything about me. Only interesting is that you do sometimes find the story on the internet that wheat is very bad for people with 'this illness'. First I thought, that's just crazy impractical, not eating wheat, but reading MDA, It just clicks and funny enough I think for me, as being a health freak all of my life, this will actually feel more intuitive than anything else.

Eager to hear about some peoples views. I tried searching for paleo or primal healing of psychiatric disease, but did not find much interesting results. I do think the real healing of a crisis like a psychosis, comes with good psychological help and a good social catch somewhere. The Primal way will hopefully do the last balancing and healing after bad medical practices. Bring back the energy mainly! And hopefully help brighten up my head as well!
    Hi Michael,
    Having been of my trolley and in hospital several times over a six month period, I know how hard it s to reclaim yourself.
    I wish you well.

Thanks a lot for the Emily Deans blog. It is very good to be empowered in knowing eating primal has good effects on the mental health. I am eager to start eating paleo, but have to stay careful. My bigest psychological trap is wanting to much to fast out of live. All looks hopeful though. The tiredness has been messing me up for so long now, I have been just wandering around through the cities like some sort of a well dressed tramp for too long now.

Jeanie if you write more post I will keep track of you as well, maybe that can be interesting.

Thanks a lot for the compliments on the art, I have been working so long to get to this skill and expression!

I dove into the diets for recovering from mental disorders. It seems that a paleo/primal-ketogenic diet is the best to go for as beautifully described in this article:

http://eugenia.queru.com/2011/11/22/...tal-disorders/

So that is what I will get into this April when I'll be living on my self again.

BTW it is absolute mad how much grain and cakes and cookies and more sugar we get here in the psychiatric hospital. It's totally not good.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    I dove into the diets for recovering from mental disorders. It seems that a paleo/primal-ketogenic diet is the best to go for as beautifully described in this article:

Paleo-Ketogenic Diet for Mental Disorders

So that is what I will get into this April when I'll be living on my self again.

BTW it is absolute mad how much grain and cakes and cookies and more sugar we get here in the psychiatric hospital. It's totally not good.
    Hi Michael, a huge welcome to our community and very best wishes for the future.

I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia twice, and several other mental disorders in the past. Never hospitalized or given drugs for it. I agree with everything you've said.

I think your main difficulty is going to be the patience to take it slowly. First your body has to heal and that takes a lot of time. Various tests can tell you how that is going. Second, don't push the exercise, don't exercise at all. Good sleep and no stress is much more important. You will need to build up energy and excess energy first. Havning your body respond to exercise by robbing your muscles of nutrients would not help at all. Just rest and take it easy for at least 6 months. That will be hard. Then start exercise very slowly.

Also I'd think that going ketogenic immediately would not enable your body to build up the micronutrients that it needs. There's a lot of different foods you will need to try out. This takes time because during this time your body keeps changing and responding differently with time. Take each big step only after the last step is solidified.

A support group, here and also in person, really helps. And yes, someone to unload to is huge. Someone you can trust.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-11-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks, you are lucky never to have had medicine. Are you healthy now?

Yeah I already figured I'd take the ketogenic part not so seriously in the beginning. I do want to keep on doing light exercise though. If not I'll feel to frustrated. I am quite the athlete so it's doable for me I think. Just make sure I can keep on sleeping right!

Thanks man!

Mitch is offline Junior Member
    Good luck and best wishes on your journey to health. And good for you for avoiding the meds. The is a reason so many with your diagnosis smoke and drink to excess-it helps and beats the traditional meds. Your understanding of a healthful approach is a great foundation.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Your art is just beautiful. I'm in love with the orchids.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast