Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I had a psychosis several times page 5

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm so pleased for you Michiel, it must feel like a 2nd chance at life.

Also it is useful to know that coffee can REALLY have bad side effects on people, and it's not as benign as we like to assume. (I love the stuff but try and moderate my intake)

awok677 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    I think I found out I really cant stand diary, including butter, all though I am not sure about the butter.

What I am going to change is doing a tiny exercise only once a week instead of once a day. It is just not worth it how bad my sleep gets, how much stress it delivers and consequently how unstable I get.

I think I only need one month of very good sleep to be a new me!!! So lets not sabotage that with sport, coffee or diary. I might stop sporting till july just to see.
    Sounds like you're doing well, Michiel. Well done you. I think it's great that you can pick up on what is and isn't working for you.

Ref the exercise, yes, if you're finding it is derailing you mentally then probably a good thing to reduce it. Also, bear in mind that primal fitness suggests lots of just moving about, so maybe some longer walks or gentle bike rides with just one gym session or prints or something per week.? That way you get to move your body and get sunshine (if you have any over there ...) and feel good about not just sitting around and you're still moving towards those abs and back muscles.

I've had to drop dairy completely. In my case I had acne for 35 years and while I didn't think it bothered me, living without it is so much better, I have no worries if I never have cheese or ice cream again and I've even adapted to drinking teas withut milk!
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Michiel is offline Member
    A little update. Since a week I have been making sure to sleep very well. This does make me so much more happy, because in all honesty one week ago I was getting more tired and unstable by the day. It got very edgy. Stopped sporting, started sleeping better and feeling fit again through the day more and more each day.

The sporting I think really has got something to do with a micronutrient deficiency. My brain must need a lot of healing. I think thats a fact, but doctors always find it strange when I say I find a strong correlation between doing sports and being deprived of sleep and eventually becoming unstable. They mostly dismiss it as nonsense and start talking about medication. Quite often they're fat too.

I feel a great mental clarity and feel able to achieve intellectual works more better. I am gettingg more organized. This is worth more than a six pack now so I will keep on walking around the fall pit of sporting as much as I can.

I had my blood tested: my white blood cell count is too low. Or on the low end. Don't know the exact number, but the psychiatrist found it important enough to call me for it and another test will be run next week. I also read that going paleo can have an effect of a low white blood cell count, because with the lessening of inflammation logically the numbers of your immune system do not need to be so high. So I am not to worried, and certainly won't take meds for it or whatever, buy I'll keep listening to the doctors for useful info.

I did feel urged to buy probiotic supplements. Bad gut flora has a great correlation with bad uptaking of nutrients and also with mental disease. They even say with all disease!

I wanted to make my own pickles for this as well but did not so yet, because of the extra work, but will eventually, because this gut flora thing might be actually something big. I am very vulnerable to inflammation, just now the story starts too make sense with the mental illness.
    Last edited by Michiel; 05-17-2013 at 09:12 AM.

awok677 is online now Senior Member
    Glad to hear things are still going well. Sounds like you're finding a good balance between sports and fitness and the way that feels best mentally. We're all doing the same thing to a lesser extent - finding the balance between feeling good and looking good, and we all have different influences at play. I'd agree that mental balance comes first because when you feel good mentally you can work on other things.

Interesting about the inflammation and white blood cell count. Would your doctor give you copies of the test results so you can see the actual figures? I've asked for copies of all my blood tests so I can look up any areas of concern for myself and see what might be causing them.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Michiel, I just wanted to offer my support and say that you're definitely making the right choice. I've never had psychosis, but I was on SSRIs and a cocktail of other prescription medicine for most of my life (which I blame for my complete lack of episodic memories), and I completely agree that the psychiatric medicine makes you dead inside. I think that living primal and not taking mind/mood-altering substances are really two sides of the same coin.

And by the way, fantastic artwork.

Thanks Castle, well put! Same coin, same coin.

I've been sleeping not too good these last couple of nights. A couple of reasons for that might be:

-Food from the nachtschadefamily. Just recently read about them and thinking about not eating them just to see. It's kind of to bad, because I love tomatoes and peppercorns.

- Tea. I always have to pee massively from tea, but also I have the feeling they irritate my sleep. I certainly have to get out of bed to much these days for peeing.

-I need to take it more easy. I have been drawing a lot and cycling two days ago seemed to help to clear my mind. Although I love drawing it asks a lot from me. I noticed after drawing rigorously some days ago I slept terribly. I am such a perfectionist and ideas just keep on tumbling through my mind, and this always intensifies strangely in my bed. This becomes hallucination-like. I have to let go and take it easy.

So thats what I am going to do today. Cycling and not eating and drinking my suspect foods.

It sucks having to sleep after twelve every day. Also getting to sleep takes hours Let's take it easy.

The bad sleep might also be because of the detoxifying. There are less antipsychotics to dull me down and this could cause bad sleep for a short period.

I want to tackle this bad sleep thing once and for all. I have been sleeping very well and super deep a couple of times now so this must be achieved consistently. I think it's key for improving my mental health.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    sounds good just keep a watch on the cycling, Mark S mentions that it easy to expend more energy than you intend when cycling.
    I've recently started drinking green tea with lemon. Tea has a big diuretic effect on me and I'm not drinking much coffee now (not by intention- i just dont fancy it often now) but i miss a warm drink. Green tea doesn't make me pee like ordinary tea.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Last night sleep sucked immensely, it might be the sporting, but what definitely isn't working is that there is so much light in my room.

At two O clock I still didn't sleep. Which just keeps on happening again and again. If I just could sleep good for one month I'd be a totally different person. I can't move forward when my sleep doesn't improve.

Now in the middle of the night I went searching for a sleep mask and this helped. I slept while I panicked once again for once again my lack of sleep. I won't last till summer if this doesn't improve!

I'll be looking into making my room pitch black. Any advise could be helpful for my sleep, it is crucial!!!

Well since I can't bring up the effort of making my room pitch black now, I'll just go to the city and buy a better sleeping mask and more candles. I'll be lighting my candles at 8 or 830 or so, closing the curtains and resting my eyes with no use of electronics. Especially that last thing kind of is hard for me, but I know I must make it to a good sleep and sacrifice is necessary. And honesty why couldn't I wait checking my facebook and email to the next morning? I also like the contemplative atmosphere candles give.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast