Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I had a psychosis several times page 4

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Michael,

I'm here to offer support. From my personal experience, I believe you are on the right track. As you listen to your body, it will tell you what works for you and what doesn't.

I am super aware of how things affect my body and my emotions. If I eat even a tiny bit of sugar during certain times of the month (pms), my thinking becomes very irrational. I can function, but I just get extremely sensitive. It used to be a low worse before I went totally primal. I find it so much easier to keep a positive mindset when I eat this way.

For some reason I kept thinking about Oliver Sacks when I read your post. Have you ever read any of his writing? He is a neurologist, biologist and psychologist. In many of his books he talks about accepting individuals as a whole, which means to accept the things that make them different. I read and enjoyed The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. He shares his philosophy way better than I explained it here. I felt compelled to mention him to you.

Your artwork is absolutely beautiful! When I have a minute I will PM you a poem I wrote about artists. So very courageous to put yourself out there onto the canvas!

Remember to focus on the things that make you feel good and move toward those. Part of the primal lifestyle is fun and relaxation, something our culture has completely forgotten about.

Oh, also, I found Mark's 21 day plan book to be really for me. I love how simple and basic it is. There are mixed reviews on amazon, but it is a great starting point (and on-going reminder)...even for someone who has been on the plan for a while like me.

Wishing you all the best on your journey!

spicegirl
    Last edited by spicegirl; 04-18-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    So glad the sleep is better!

Have you had your Vitamin D status tested? It's the 25(OH)D test.

More info at Vitamin D Council | Everything you need to know about vitamin D

Michiel is offline Member
    Hi Thnx for the reactions. I keep on sleeping great and the good news is I am slowly and steady training abs and a straight back on my body.

I love to be confident! And I feel more happy every day. I think I am becoming 'one of those people'... You know them, smiling most of the time. I really love the feeling of growing confidence.

I studied some sheet music for the first time in years! And I study Spanish everyday now with this app.

I looked at Oliver Sacks, but don't think I'll read him. But thanks for the interest. Thanks a lot for your interest in my art though I have also started painting last week!

I have been sleeping very deep lately, so I feel confident to lightly train my body. I really can't life a week without any form of exercise, it bums me out. But I am being humble. I have to take this chance slowly, because another time on a psychiatric ward is not something I think I can live through.

I am thinking about making pickles for the probiotic properties, which is apparently very important after mental illness. Haven't found the best recipe though.

Ow and I did start taking vitamin D, but do not know what value is best in mcg.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Hi Michel. I really empathise with you . I'm also new so can't advise you on the lifestyle but like you I've been unwell and am doing baby steps too- listening to both my body and mind as in me they are also both closely linked. If I can help in anyway please feel able to ask. I think you have made a great start and am full of admiration for you attitude.

Gracias, I am proud of my attitude as well. But yes well put: baby steps is the answer.

Still going steady. I love working out, but I can't do more than some exercises or my sleep will go bad. It is really peculiar how I can get good sleep by simply not exercising for some time. I am able to do stuff more each day though.

Sleep is very, very deep. Just last night I slept so deep. It's funny, each time I wake up thinking it must be 11 or even 12 o'clock, but the clock shows 9 something. Also I do fall asleep better, especially when I didn't workout during the day. I still don't fall asleep very fast though. A lot of tossing and turning.

Another thing which is great is that I can get hard erection again. They weren't this firm since I was 18 probably. My erections always used to be just half hard, for which I can definitely blame the antipsychotics. It was a sick thing because I am only 27! And I don't want to start a dirty story here, but I have had sex only four times in my life and each time I couldn't reach an orgasm and ejaculation. It's a sad thing for someone my age and that also goes for the four times, I was just always too tired to be interesting and exert myself to girls.

The zips on my arms are almost gone. Give it another month and they'll be gone. That is lovely, I sort of took them for granted, but now they are leaving

I still have days I should look out. Definitely when I sport. Some days I just know if I drink 5 cups of coffee I will have a psychotic break. I hardly drink coffee though. Avoiding what brings too much adrenaline of any kind is best. Even listening to fast jumpy pop music is not a good plan.

Also I am getting abs

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    it all sounds so healthy and you sound so well. We both started about the same time and we both seem to be really benefiting from it. like you I feel great. I'm not sleeping as much (i was exhausted all the time before) but my sleep is better quality and i feel refreshed when i wake. it is exciting for people like us. Eating your way to health feels really good.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    You might want to look in to the connection between thyroid and mental illness; Ray Peat writes a lot of good stuff about it:
    Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease

Hi fiercehunter, the story on his site is a bit to technical for me, and I don't think it helps that I am not a native English. Is there any practical advise you want to share with me from that article?

Yes Carbdogger, it is interesting. Hope you are doing fine, when I have time I'll check your post.

I think I found out I really cant stand diary, including butter, all though I am not sure about the butter.

What I am going to change is doing a tiny exercise only once a week instead of once a day. It is just not worth it how bad my sleep gets, how much stress it delivers and consequently how unstable I get.

I think I only need one month of very good sleep to be a new me!!! So lets not sabotage that with sport, coffee or diary. I might stop sporting till july just to see.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast