Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I had a psychosis several times page 3

Michiel is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can't see the images

steevennsmithh is offline Junior Member
    HI.........................................

I am not taking any medications right now, but I have to be careful in life to take small steps. I shouldn't get too big ideas about something when things start to get a little better. It's good to remember for me that taking small steps doesn't mean getting somewhere in life has to take very very long
    thnksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Steeven, Yes and thank you, that is a very well written part if I may say so.

I have been living on myself finally since last Tuesday and yesterday I finally cooked a nice stew for myself instead of all the salads. This more heartier type of food certainly does me well. I now immediately feel a lot more energy this next morning. Also I started taking vitamin D two days ago.

I have to watch out with exercising. I know there is a lot to say to not exercise at all, but sometimes I really feel the urge to do a couple off push ups or grab my dumbells. It is effecting my sleep though so it is very dangerous since bad sleep is what can cause a new manic psychosis. On the other hand, a couple off push ups can really turn a lazy day into an energized one. Taking it very easy though!

I have felt pretty fatigued the last couple of days, but I'm thinking this is probably, because of the moving, which wasn't only very exhausting, but also didn't give me a lot of opportunity to cook well for myself.

I hope the fatigue will diminish. I have felt tired for over five years and probably ten. I have always been such an underachiever. I have always been tired, but certainly since the mental hospitals my live had really been a horror. I haven't had a real twenties youth like others, it is just non existent. Also I don't have any friends left. Not any regular friends anyways with whom you can have some crazy fun with. Most days I am alone and when I do meet people I really want to get close to I can't bond. The all missing word in this horror, I found out since paleo, is: vitality!

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Michiel, it sounds like you're doing a good job there of settling into a new way of living. Worth bearing in mind that as well as the move, if you're eating fewer carbs you might find yourself feeling a bit tired or run-down. Not something I tend to notice when I drop carbs, but I know others do. Congratulations on your new start.

I just read some stuff about the carb flu. I think this is what I am experiencing right now. I also sometimes feel a lack of ability to think, which supposedly is part of the carb flu.

I ordered some KSO Vibrams yesterday. They will be my first Vibrams so I am quiet excited! Won't be doing heavy exercise in them as of yet, but definitely my morning walk. I think it will make me more happy, the fact that it will give you a greater connection to your body really speaks to me.

I also notice increased sense of smell and I haven't used soap on my body for nearly a month. Sounds crazy, but my skin has never felt cleaner or softer.

I am a week on full primal now!

I decided to also stop dairy next to the obvious gluten. Although I like cheese, for a couple of months I will stop and might reintroduce them, but the celiac-mental disease connection is just to big.

I hope the fatigue will stop soon! At the other end of the carb flu hill.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    From what I can see, most people find stopping the wheat has the biggest effect, so even if you decide to go back to cheese, yes, I'd stick with avoiding wheat and wheat products.

Congratulations on your week on full primal! And I'm sure the vibrams will let you savour your morning walk that much more. Enjoy! Hope the carb flu passes quickly.

Another update. I am maybe updating frequently now since it is such a crucial time. I really want this to be done right and heal. My hope has always been to find full health again, also in previous attempts with different approaches.

And it seems to work out! I don't think I have ever felt so vital. Not since very early childhood anyways. I am able to focus more and organize my life like I was never able to. I do multiple task a day now, I couldn't even do that when I was in high school. Always after class, I could study only one subject a day. Now I read books, study some Mozart, clean up my room, prepare and cook diner and probably a lot more in a day, I just forget, I do so many things in a day it is just unbelievable. The reading of sheet music never went so good! I never got very good at that in the past, now I was having a good time studying. Not too frustrating.

I so hope I can maintain this kind of life and it feels like I can improve more as well! The sleep though is still a bit of a balancing act. Tomorrow I hope to sleep till late and catch up.

A nice idea I like to have is that by now being able to organize my life in the external, it probably also means that internally I am mentally becoming organized and so the very core of the illness is healed.

By the way it is also important to know that next to the no bad eating I also decided to put an end to all my bad relationships. Can't use any kind of psychological stress I think when you want to move on after something so intense.

A rather peculiar thing is that I really have a dry throat quite often, especially near bed time and in bed I notice a have a lot of saliva I have to swallow, which annoys me. Sometimes I really can't stop drinking, I am so thirsty. I was thinking, what could this be, has the diet made me more sensitive to salt or dry herbs and black pepper, which would be soaking up in my body? Now I think it is just my detoxifying, because quite interesting is my urine since going primal. It is really smelly and so I think the toxics of the past medications and poor eating are the cause, and the drinking and smelly urine the logical effect.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I am delighted to see how Primal is working for you!

Love your artwork, too!

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Amazing progress, so good to read stories like this. If houses thirsty just drink some water, it is nice to use soda water with a bit of lemon juice. Add some salt, eating primal and loosing water weight can make you loose to much minerals like salt.
    I have had a couple of days I drank a lot when I started primal, I think it flushes the body of toxins and haven't had it happen the last months.

Hi, I am not so thirsty anymore and also no more swallowing of excess saliva anymore. I still drink plenty of water though.

Good news, I keep on sleeping good. I had a couple of nights that my sleep was terrible last week, which had something to do with me testing me vibrams and the early phase of being in primal. Now even though when I did my second run on my vibrams this week, a lovely happy sprinting session, I do sleep well. I do notice I feel a little fatigued though. I am not fully energized, and I think it has something to do with the exercising still, but I find it hard to stop. I am a little addicted to exercising, sit ups and so in my room as well, but I will take a couple of days rest, because I think I can feel more energetic and sharp again.

Mentally it is still a little foggy, I also think this is from the exercising. This is too depleting for me, I need my micronutrients. Some days ago I was sharper and mentally more able, reading more, even sheet music. I need more rest.

But the fact that I slept so well although I have been very busy with my body is a big improvement. Sleep is so essential for my mental well being.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast