Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I had a psychosis several times page 2

little vase is offline Senior Member
    The things that you're noticing are very encouraging. I'm following along with interest. And please do post any new pieces you draw!

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Indeed, primal is what I suggest for all people who live with mental illness. I've had several episodes of panic attacks, depression. pseudo-hallucinations, nightmares and insomnia... there was a period in my life where not a day would pass without me hearing screams in my head, and the images I saw when I tried to sleep was nightmare stuff. Realistic spongebob? Burning people? No thank you - the primal way of eating have literally saved my life.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    Yes Florin, that's the unfortunate truth, I have nothing to lose. But if this works I'll be strong in so many ways. Thanks for your sober response!

Hi vase, I will post new art work when I have it then

The two nights for last night I didn't sleep so well. I had eaten a couple of times an entire smoked mackerel, just spooning it up while cleaning it, unthinkable before getting into primal eating, and thought I had a change of sleep, mostly dreaming very vividly after doing so and a sense I slept very deep. So I decided yesterday to clean another smoked mackerel and eat it. I slept so good!

This might be a major breakthrough!!! Really! Because sleeping was such a big problem, especially if I did some exercise during the day. Moreover bad sleep would always lead me eventually into a manic psychosis. And psychosis is the cause of most of my sorrow and not being able to live life!

It might need to be cautious to not be to happy to soon, but I am upping my mackerel intake to two a week and will be buying some smoked salmon as well today as well as eating some raw herring (us Dutch eat them raw).
    Glad you took the right path Michiel! Keep us updated!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

steevennsmithh is offline Junior Member
    HI.........................................

I am not taking any medications right now, but I have to be careful in life to take small steps. I shouldn't get too big ideas about something when things start to get a little better. It's good to remember for me that taking small steps doesn't mean getting somewhere in life has to take very very long
    thnksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Michiel, it sounds like you're doing a good job there of settling into a new way of living. Worth bearing in mind that as well as the move, if you're eating fewer carbs you might find yourself feeling a bit tired or run-down. Not something I tend to notice when I drop carbs, but I know others do. Congratulations on your new start.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    From what I can see, most people find stopping the wheat has the biggest effect, so even if you decide to go back to cheese, yes, I'd stick with avoiding wheat and wheat products.

Congratulations on your week on full primal! And I'm sure the vibrams will let you savour your morning walk that much more. Enjoy! Hope the carb flu passes quickly.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I am delighted to see how Primal is working for you!

Love your artwork, too!

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Amazing progress, so good to read stories like this. If houses thirsty just drink some water, it is nice to use soda water with a bit of lemon juice. Add some salt, eating primal and loosing water weight can make you loose to much minerals like salt.
    I have had a couple of days I drank a lot when I started primal, I think it flushes the body of toxins and haven't had it happen the last months.

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Hi Michael,

I'm here to offer support. From my personal experience, I believe you are on the right track. As you listen to your body, it will tell you what works for you and what doesn't.

I am super aware of how things affect my body and my emotions. If I eat even a tiny bit of sugar during certain times of the month (pms), my thinking becomes very irrational. I can function, but I just get extremely sensitive. It used to be a low worse before I went totally primal. I find it so much easier to keep a positive mindset when I eat this way.

For some reason I kept thinking about Oliver Sacks when I read your post. Have you ever read any of his writing? He is a neurologist, biologist and psychologist. In many of his books he talks about accepting individuals as a whole, which means to accept the things that make them different. I read and enjoyed The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. He shares his philosophy way better than I explained it here. I felt compelled to mention him to you.

Your artwork is absolutely beautiful! When I have a minute I will PM you a poem I wrote about artists. So very courageous to put yourself out there onto the canvas!

Remember to focus on the things that make you feel good and move toward those. Part of the primal lifestyle is fun and relaxation, something our culture has completely forgotten about.

Oh, also, I found Mark's 21 day plan book to be really for me. I love how simple and basic it is. There are mixed reviews on amazon, but it is a great starting point (and on-going reminder)...even for someone who has been on the plan for a while like me.

Wishing you all the best on your journey!

spicegirl
    Last edited by spicegirl; 04-18-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So glad the sleep is better!

Have you had your Vitamin D status tested? It's the 25(OH)D test.

More info at Vitamin D Council | Everything you need to know about vitamin D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast