Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I had a psychosis several times page 2

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You may want to check out the GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) diet. Dr Natasha Campbell has had success treating schizophrenia. Home Page

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Your art work is stunning.

I wish you well on your journey to health and happiness. I think good nutrition is imperative for a healthy brain - so primal is a great place to cover the nutritional part of your journey.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Michiel is offline Member
    Hi all, all the reactions are heartwarming. I am also very glad the art is appreciated. The orchids is my favorite as well. Hope to top that though, once the primal energy is flowing!

Good news, I am feeling positive change since I started eating primal lunch; that is no bread or grains until dinnertime, then I'll be joining everyone else and just eat what is served, but with taking as little potatoes and pasta as possible though.

It feels as if my brain is straitening out, it's hard to describe, but it feels very relaxing. Also a constant sense of stress that I had been feeling through my muscles is gone now. I feel generally more relaxed and not so tired. I have felt tired even as a kid so this is very hopeful.

My sleep has gotten very deep. I sleep very solid with very vivid dreams, but last night not so. I think I have to watch out with exercise, get those micronutrients to heal me first. Also I feel a great relaxation on my liver. I think I have gotten a very weak liver because of all the past meds, which I definitely notice when I have just one or two glasses of alcohol. I can be sick for weeks.

This is just after 5 days!!!

I do think I have to be careful and take things slow, but psychologically I feel more earthy so that's great as well. Small steps though, I don't want to get into a manic psychosis.

I have heard of GAPS, thanks for the link, but its not so different from primal. I like how Mark keeps things intuitive so I am sticking mostly close to this site, but I take things with me from Emily Deans and the GAPS diet too.

(Maybe this thread should be moved to journals)

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Nobody can tell you for sure if Paleo will have a positive benefit in your condition. But let's be true with ourselves: you have nothing to lose if you try it! So go ahead!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

little vase is offline Senior Member
    The things that you're noticing are very encouraging. I'm following along with interest. And please do post any new pieces you draw!

Yes Florin, that's the unfortunate truth, I have nothing to lose. But if this works I'll be strong in so many ways. Thanks for your sober response!

Hi vase, I will post new art work when I have it then

The two nights for last night I didn't sleep so well. I had eaten a couple of times an entire smoked mackerel, just spooning it up while cleaning it, unthinkable before getting into primal eating, and thought I had a change of sleep, mostly dreaming very vividly after doing so and a sense I slept very deep. So I decided yesterday to clean another smoked mackerel and eat it. I slept so good!

This might be a major breakthrough!!! Really! Because sleeping was such a big problem, especially if I did some exercise during the day. Moreover bad sleep would always lead me eventually into a manic psychosis. And psychosis is the cause of most of my sorrow and not being able to live life!

It might need to be cautious to not be to happy to soon, but I am upping my mackerel intake to two a week and will be buying some smoked salmon as well today as well as eating some raw herring (us Dutch eat them raw).

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Indeed, primal is what I suggest for all people who live with mental illness. I've had several episodes of panic attacks, depression. pseudo-hallucinations, nightmares and insomnia... there was a period in my life where not a day would pass without me hearing screams in my head, and the images I saw when I tried to sleep was nightmare stuff. Realistic spongebob? Burning people? No thank you - the primal way of eating have literally saved my life.

Sounds beautiful reindeer. I am 27 now, didn't think I would make it till 28 until I found an article about Mark Sisson, funny enough while waiting for the doctor. It was in the Dutch FHM and focussed more on how funny they thought it was that it was pissing off vegetarian organizations, but immediately by seeing the pictures of Mark Sisson together with the fact that the story behind the lifestyle didn't sound so weird at all I knew I had to check it out.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    Yes Florin, that's the unfortunate truth, I have nothing to lose. But if this works I'll be strong in so many ways. Thanks for your sober response!

Hi vase, I will post new art work when I have it then

The two nights for last night I didn't sleep so well. I had eaten a couple of times an entire smoked mackerel, just spooning it up while cleaning it, unthinkable before getting into primal eating, and thought I had a change of sleep, mostly dreaming very vividly after doing so and a sense I slept very deep. So I decided yesterday to clean another smoked mackerel and eat it. I slept so good!

This might be a major breakthrough!!! Really! Because sleeping was such a big problem, especially if I did some exercise during the day. Moreover bad sleep would always lead me eventually into a manic psychosis. And psychosis is the cause of most of my sorrow and not being able to live life!

It might need to be cautious to not be to happy to soon, but I am upping my mackerel intake to two a week and will be buying some smoked salmon as well today as well as eating some raw herring (us Dutch eat them raw).
    Glad you took the right path Michiel! Keep us updated!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Hi Michael, a huge welcome to our community and very best wishes for the future.

I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia twice, and several other mental disorders in the past. Never hospitalized or given drugs for it. I agree with everything you've said.

I think your main difficulty is going to be the patience to take it slowly. First your body has to heal and that takes a lot of time. Various tests can tell you how that is going. Second, don't push the exercise, don't exercise at all. Good sleep and no stress is much more important. You will need to build up energy and excess energy first. Havning your body respond to exercise by robbing your muscles of nutrients would not help at all. Just rest and take it easy for at least 6 months. That will be hard. Then start exercise very slowly.

Also I'd think that going ketogenic immediately would not enable your body to build up the micronutrients that it needs. There's a lot of different foods you will need to try out. This takes time because during this time your body keeps changing and responding differently with time. Take each big step only after the last step is solidified.

A support group, here and also in person, really helps. And yes, someone to unload to is huge. Someone you can trust.
    Hi cryptocode, hope you don't mind me quoting you just for the sake of emphasizing it for myself. I think mainly with the sporting you are right, I stopped sporting now, because I still have a hard time getting to sleep. Mental illness as I understand has a great deal to do with micronutrient deficiencies, so I guess that's why sporting is such a big sleep depriving thing for me... as well as probably slowly corrupting my sanity now that I think of it. I do need all my nutrients to build my brain and energy levels. It's the hardest part for me, because I love sporting and increasing my athletesism.

My high potential seems to lead to high frequent failing. Small clever steps, no manic indulgence is key!!!

I do keep feeling more earthy, so that's good. I sleep very deep when I sleep, but still take long to get to sleep. Always past 12, but fairly soon awake and when I do get out of bed I have immediate energy. That is so special! I was dead for hours before primal eating.

I hope the psychological earthy feeling will continue. I take great pride in my logical and rational thinking abilities, which might sound strange from someone who has gotten so manic that he travelled from the Netherlands to Ireland with no baggage, thinking he was a secret agent, but I do normally and now with these new primal effects of added earthiness and times of the day that my mind feels crystal clear I grow true confidence in myself. I stand up straight more and more knowing that I am a well articulate - in Dutch - man. I feel very happy about it.

I used to think I was awesome, because I knew how to dress and act better than others, now I just feel calm and have a confidence which comes from much deeper and connect to people emphatically more easy and more often, without being 'so up there' mostly because of tiredness and insecurity.

The fading of tiredness feels great, but I do think I should be cautious to put my energy in realistic endeavors.

This Tuesday I will finally move to a room for myself. 'Full primal' will start than!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast