Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood's Satanic Agenda! page 2

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm glad a few of you got it.
    Within two minutes, as I mentioned. But according to the counter there was over a hour to go ... I mean, come on! Couldn't what they were trying to do be done in five minutes?

My impression, although I gave up pretty quick, is that it would be poking fun at traditional sexual morality. But, of course, it's not only people with baseball caps and messy floors whose understanding tends that way -- if in a somewhat less lurid way than would be implied there. (And besides does the understanding of people with baseball caps and messy floors usually tend that way?)

We're actually talking about most people over a very long period of time. Look at Spenser's Britomart, for example -- misunderstood (of course) by Wikipedia. Naturally -- your mind needs to be awake to understand what Spenser is showing you there, since it's done in symbolic form.

It seems to me that we cannot understand human life except in moral terms, although morality has no place in the scientific view of the world. (As the Neo-Kantians would point out, we're stuck with two apparently incommensurable views of the world.) And there cannot be any area of human life that is outside the moral view of things -- that doesn't take into account justice, good faith, and so on.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Oh I understand sarcasm, it's just that there are certain members on this board that can and will take this stuff seriously, which is why I didn't give you the benefit of the doubt
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Good to know you're not one of THEM.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    So there's no video or anything, but do you guys really not think that hollywood has its own little stupid cliques of this and that religious movement/culture? You're not familiar with Scientology? Why would satanists not be a hollywood clique? If you were a Satanist, wouldn't you wanna be a Hollywood bigshot? The premise promised by the thread title seemed rational and intriguing to me.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

cantare is offline Senior Member
    I had no doubts whatsoever about cori, but I did want to believe the original makers of this thing were also being tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, I grew up in a part of the country where even this tortured degree of over-the-top manipulative shit is eagerly accepted at face value. I still remember the 90-minute audiocassette lecture an elderly relative once gave me as a birthday present(!), in which snatches of Beatles, Zeppelin and Black Sabbath tunes were played backwards to "reveal" barely intelligible "Satanic messages".
    6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Say what you want, I think the "Satanic message" in Stairway to Heaven is pretty clear! It just made me want to listen to more Zeppelin though, so clearly I'm a Satanist.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    I had no doubts whatsoever about cori, but I did want to believe the original makers of this thing were also being tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, I grew up in a part of the country where even this tortured degree of over-the-top manipulative shit is eagerly accepted at face value. I still remember the 90-minute audiocassette lecture an elderly relative once gave me as a birthday present(!), in which snatches of Beatles, Zeppelin and Black Sabbath tunes were played backwards to "reveal" barely intelligible "Satanic messages".
    Still happens here. In fact, youngsters still get called out by their elders for warnings on "signs of the devil" and witchcraft.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    in my experience, anna5 is the real troublemaker. She likes to set her self up as an expert on bigots, which she very well may be since, you know, she is one.

Basically, anything that you say that anna5 doesn't like, you get labeled a bigot, anti-semite, etc. It happened to me. True story.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    in my experience, anna5 is the real troublemaker. She likes to set her self up as an expert on bigots, which she very well may be since, you know, she is one.

Basically, anything that you say that anna5 doesn't like, you get labeled a bigot, anti-semite, etc. It happened to me. True story.
    yup.

and Cori is consistently hilarious and...cool.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    "in my experience, anna5 is the real troublemaker. She likes to set her self up as an expert on bigots, which she very well may be since, you know, she is one"
    Well, yes, I studied Jewish history and focused on antisemitism and know a sick antisemite when I see one. I live in the U.S. and there is no law against studying, against studying Jewish history, against being Jewish etc.
    Now, would you care to explain this sentence, or actually there is no need for it, because it's sooooooooooooo obvious.
    Ah, BTW, I don't know of any bigot who would declare: "I am a bigot."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast