In preparing our almost 5 year old daughter for her first school dance (a "daddy daughter dance") I paid more notice than I usually do--she's great about taking care of herself at bath time aside from needing help washing her hair, but I was a bit more attentive today. Well, I noticed a rash around her elbows, both sides, that is itching her horribly. It wasn't there a few days ago. While we are Primal (and therefore gluten free) at home, she gets treats at school because I didn't feel the need to be militant with my kids unless they showed intolerances. Considering that her class had all kinds of cupcakes and cookies for Valentine's Day both Thurs. and today, I'm now worried and re-thinking that stance.

Of course I googled it, and her rash looks *just like* dermatitis herpetiformis seen in Celiacs. Here's the thing though, should I give her tons of gluten before taking her to the doctor so that her tests come out positive? That just seems terrible to me... At the same time, I really do want to know, because "gluten intolerance" seems to be linked to fad diets these days...