Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gluten-free Bisquick... page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I avoid xanthan gum, which can give me rather inconvenient symptoms. I use a mix of 4 parts white rice flour and 1 part sweet rice flour, and just leave out the xanthan gum. It doesn't work for everything, obviously.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Chocolate chip pancakes (can't have wine) make me happy. And that's what this is about. A balance between foods that are good for you and the occasional bad thing you want. If the OP enjoys it, this this is going to be a much better solution than a trip to IHOP. It's not perfect, but for some of us that can't have gluten (or a lot of other things) we can still find joy in some of the things we used to be able to have.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Okay, let me start this by saying I am very against packaged food of any kind and especially big food manufacturers like Betty Crocker, but we had brunch at work and my co-worker made waffles using gluten-free Bisquick and I had one as kind of a cheat. It was really good! Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Rice flour, sugar, leavening(baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate,monocalcium phosphate), modified potato starch, salt, xanthan gum.
    I don't eat pancakes or waffles any more, was never a huge fan anyway. But DH and DD do and every primal sub we've tried has been a pretty poor substitute. Would you say this was indistinguishable from wheat flour waffles?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I've been primal for two years and have lost all the weight I need to. I understand it's not the best choice, but sometimes I want something a little different. I only eat them with butter, no syrup and would never touch sugar-free syrup. I did make my own mix and it turned out great.

I'm interested in the grain free waffle recipe!! ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12