Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Good read for anyone in LCHF land or on a crash diet or both. page 7

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    I believe fasting is a normal human state. I also believe this is healthy and normal. If you think Grok ate every day you are kidding yourself. WE ARE NOT DESIGNED TO CONSTANTLY STUFF OUR FACES. Give not eating a try for 3-5 days. Your mind will be more clear and focused than you have ever imagined.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    3-5 days?

Uh... Noooooo. No no no. Nuh uh. Nope. I like food a little too much to starve myself. :3

3-5 days is hardly starving considering we can survive like 2-3 WEEKS(or longer) without eating. We live in a constant state of delusion.

Yeah, but why would you want to go 3-5 days without food? That's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Yeah, but why would you want to go 3-5 days without food? That's just weird.
    Maybe to get a little more in touch with your body and what it actually needs as apposed to what you might think it needs. Going days on end without eating is perfectly normal and healthy. We as humans mistakenly take food for granted. You do not have a right to eat. People would be better off earning every bite in the truest sense. Go off into the bush and face your meals!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just because something doesn't fit into what the average person practices, it doesn't make it weird. It's weirder to eat food from a box or served by someone talking through a clown.

Mark talks about the benefits of fasting, there's info on youtube, and of course Google. It's not weird, not even for a whopping 3-5 days. It's just that we've been taught that if we don't put something in our pieholes every four hours we'll go into starvation mode and ruin our health - something that has never been proven anywhere.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    Maybe to get a little more in touch with your body and what it actually needs as apposed to what you might think it needs. Going days on end without eating is perfectly normal and healthy. We as humans mistakenly take food for granted. You do not have a right to eat. People would be better off earning every bite in the truest sense. Go off into the bush and face your meals!
    Of course I have a right to eat. I have a right to do whatever the hell I please.

Fasting for 3-5 (even two) consecutive days seems utterly pointless to me. As I said: I enjoy eating. It is what my body wants.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Just because something doesn't fit into what the average person practices, it doesn't make it weird. It's weirder to eat food from a box or served by someone talking through a clown.

Mark talks about the benefits of fasting, there's info on youtube, and of course Google. It's not weird, not even for a whopping 3-5 days. It's just that we've been taught that if we don't put something in our pieholes every four hours we'll go into starvation mode and ruin our health - something that has never been proven anywhere.
    I agree about the benefit of fasting. We don't need frequent meals, no. Unnecessary.

But 3-5 days seems over the top. A bit like those "cleanses" or juice fasts.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah... I've seen some people come around asking about NK who are already low weight and such and I try to steer them clear.

Sure some people get the energy and clarity thing... but the biggest side effect for most of people is appetite suppression which is why it works for weight loss and for those with disordered eating.
    For those people who are at a healthy weight and doing it for a medical reason like epilepsy they need to approach it more carefully and with caloric needs at the forefront, sometimes they have to ease into that level of eating slowly.

For the people like you who are a good body weight or just need to lose 10-20 lbs, and those really active, I always tell them do normal PB or higher carb/lower fat with plenty of veg, tubers, and fruits for a while first to see how that works...
    HFLC and NK isn't for everyone.
    Hey Cori,

Do you think there's a reason that HFLC doesn't work for already-lean people? I started LCHF PB at about 125 lbs (I'm 5'8), and yeah.. did not work for me. Any time I go LC it exasperates my insomnia, and during the brief period I was in Ketosis I felt frazzled and like I was on drugs (and not the good ones ) I never got the appetite suppression either.

I think it's so interesting that it has such different effects on people. You're more experienced with it than I am and have been around the boards longer - just wondering if you've come up with a theory about why that might be?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I was all set for a huge group hug and then this ^............... Gwamma has got some seriously twitchy fingers just itching to smack someones bottom...........................however thats not allowed etc....... so I will have to keep my digits to myself - BUGGAR
    ;D Lol. To be fair, he's not the only one. Remember this?! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread73605.html
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    I agree about the benefit of fasting. We don't need frequent meals, no. Unnecessary.

But 3-5 days seems over the top. A bit like those "cleanses" or juice fasts.
    I think some people like to push themselves and see what they're body is capable of. Or loose weight. I'm a total foodie, so fasting for that long (or even just eating once a day) doesn't appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Brilliant. Someone needs to put this on a t-shirt
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast