Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Good read for anyone in LCHF land or on a crash diet or both. page 6

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well, no wonder you had problems. That is dangerously skinny. Before dumping paleo and going Peaty did you ever just try eating "Moar" food?
    I tried to eat as much as I could. I literally was full all the time and eating more caused me intense stomach pain to the point I felt like I was going to throw up if I ate anymore. My usual calorie intake even with nut butters couldn't top 1.5k usually, even when I completely cut out salads and just focused on fatty meat and high fat dairy.

Only reason I wanted to try ketosis is because everyone was ranting and raving about how it was the promised land of energy and mental clarity, and how we're meant to be "fat burning beasts". Everyone starts out gullible when they first look into eating healthy. The internet is a dangerous place. You have to learn to sift through information to find what works for you.

The way I eat now isn't so much different than paleo, I just don't like low carb whatsoever. And I enjoy coca cola.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah... I've seen some people come around asking about NK who are already low weight and such and I try to steer them clear.

Sure some people get the energy and clarity thing... but the biggest side effect for most of people is appetite suppression which is why it works for weight loss and for those with disordered eating.
    For those people who are at a healthy weight and doing it for a medical reason like epilepsy they need to approach it more carefully and with caloric needs at the forefront, sometimes they have to ease into that level of eating slowly.

For the people like you who are a good body weight or just need to lose 10-20 lbs, and those really active, I always tell them do normal PB or higher carb/lower fat with plenty of veg, tubers, and fruits for a while first to see how that works...
    HFLC and NK isn't for everyone.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    And I enjoy coca cola.
    I was all set for a huge group hug and then this ^............... Gwamma has got some seriously twitchy fingers just itching to smack someones bottom...........................however thats not allowed etc....... so I will have to keep my digits to myself - BUGGAR
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Low carb is the ONLY thing that works for me. I lose weight, have stable energy, have complete control over my appetite, have more stable emotions, have more sex drive and less ED, etc,etc,etc. The list goes on and on and I have zero negative side effects to report from going low carb(less than 30 grams a day). Is it right for everyone? Probably not but it is probably good for most. Just my personal first hand experience but I'm sure someone will tell me all those positive effects were imagined or something(though I know better).

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I was all set for a huge group hug and then this ^............... Gwamma has got some seriously twitchy fingers just itching to smack someones bottom...........................however thats not allowed etc....... so I will have to keep my digits to myself - BUGGAR
    aw gwamma, we all have our vices
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Looks thoughtfully at Gwamma and her ten young Tongan fellas...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yep - all done and dusted for the day. Not sure how to switch camera off flash - so was unable to take sneaky pics without being totally busted !!!!!!!!!
    .................. and since it is totally inappropriate to smack any forum derrieres today - I shall retreat back into my cave and play - oh - I don't know - maybe Black widow spiders ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I tried to eat as much as I could. I literally was full all the time and eating more caused me intense stomach pain to the point I felt like I was going to throw up if I ate anymore. My usual calorie intake even with nut butters couldn't top 1.5k usually, even when I completely cut out salads and just focused on fatty meat and high fat dairy.

Only reason I wanted to try ketosis is because everyone was ranting and raving about how it was the promised land of energy and mental clarity, and how we're meant to be "fat burning beasts". Everyone starts out gullible when they first look into eating healthy. The internet is a dangerous place. You have to learn to sift through information to find what works for you.

The way I eat now isn't so much different than paleo, I just don't like low carb whatsoever. And I enjoy coca cola.
    So what are you eating nowadays and how do you generally feel?

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah... I've seen some people come around asking about NK who are already low weight and such and I try to steer them clear.

Sure some people get the energy and clarity thing... but the biggest side effect for most of people is appetite suppression which is why it works for weight loss and for those with disordered eating.
    For those people who are at a healthy weight and doing it for a medical reason like epilepsy they need to approach it more carefully and with caloric needs at the forefront, sometimes they have to ease into that level of eating slowly.

For the people like you who are a good body weight or just need to lose 10-20 lbs, and those really active, I always tell them do normal PB or higher carb/lower fat with plenty of veg, tubers, and fruits for a while first to see how that works...
    HFLC and NK isn't for everyone.
    Firstly, what is NK?

Secondly, the bolded part, is the suppression of appetite as simple as fat and protein (meat) are hardest and longest to digest therefore, you will go with eating less during the day?

Which makes me think about the whole thing regarding hunger being a sign of body needing nutrients, if your not hungry, your supposedly adequately fueling your body with minerals and vitamins etc thereby your good to go. But like you said, for relatively healthy people, of ideal weight and whatnot, to get your calories in you will have to consume more regularly, of nutritious and easier to digest food sources?

That's what i will be experimenting with over the next month anyway, i need to moderate protein and fat intakes, so i can eat more often during the day, at most 3 times, but 3 filling and nutritious meals. Currently 2 would be the max i can fit in normal eating hours, and i want to perhaps squeeze it in a 16/8 or even 12/10 eating windows to get some slight benefits from a bit of intermittent fasting.

PrimalCon New York
    NK- nutritional ketosis.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast