Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Good read for anyone in LCHF land or on a crash diet or both. page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Slow is good I know, but I got impatient thats all. But I can wait. Its funny you say that about losing weight too fast. In my thread the other day, I was told I wasn't eating enough and going into starvation mode, which is why I was losing slow. Its how it is though, there is always going to be different answers for anything and google will find me tons of articles either way.

But I did take the advice of stopping the BP coffee and it make me want lunch, so that is something, I would have eaten a bit more protein than I was before if nothing else. But didn't count to see though.

Anyway dunno what this thread was even about and of course it has been derailed LOL

But I think besides peoples journals, threads are always at risk of going off topic, and it happens, it happens when you have a real life conversation too, I doubt that would change.
    Going to just tell you the same thing I've told several of my other dieting female friends:

Happiness. Adhere to whatever diet you want, but don't stress about it. Your weight won't be budge if you stress and obsess about it. You're doing this because you want to be healthy, right? Happiness is the #1 key to health above all else.

Here is another post from 180degree health, relevant to my post, and gives a woman's anecdote:

Happiness and Weight Loss – 180 Degree Health

It's really true, and it backs up what I've said about stress hormones stalling weight loss.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Sisson's word is not law and these people are not sheep.

This was a good article and its certainly should be read by anyone interested in health, which im sure everyone here is. Seriously get over it and dont open the thread if you are that closed minded.
    Matt Stone, Danny Roddy, and Ray Peat's words are not any more truth than Mark Sisson's and following them like the gospel makes you no less a sheep in your own way.

Wait, so we're ALL sheep?

Who'd a thunk it? We are more alike than we want!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Going to just tell you the same thing I've told several of my other dieting female friends:

Happiness. Adhere to whatever diet you want, but don't stress about it. Your weight won't be budge if you stress and obsess about it. You're doing this because you want to be healthy, right? Happiness is the #1 key to health above all else.

Here is another post from 180degree health, relevant to my post, and gives a woman's anecdote:

Happiness and Weight Loss – 180 Degree Health

It's really true, and it backs up what I've said about stress hormones stalling weight loss.
    I will have a read shortly.
    yes I have realised that about stress, its one reason I stopped counting calories and obsessing about all the macros etc.
    yes health is my number one goal.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm liking this thread more and more.

Yes to happiness and weight loss!
    Love yourself, pay attention to what is working for your body, change things if they don't work.
    Stress happens in life, but don't create more stress by running in circles chasing some ideal uber fast ideal loss every week.
    And slow weight loss is actually a good thing.

I know lots of people want to have all of those extra pounds gone in "6 months" or some other arbitrary number.
    But Derp is right...
    It took TIME to get UNhealthy and gain those pounds... give your body time to get healthy again and lose them.
    There will likely be adjustments to be made health wise along the way other than just fat loss.

And that goes for people not trying to lose weight who are just seeking health too... it takes time.
    It doesn't happen over night.

Even though I don't necessarily agree with the 180DH article.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-16-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Roddy said this in the comment section:

"@Caroline, I can’t get behind that strategy because I don’t think eating sugar causes high blood sugar issues (or the other issues you listed)."

How can you possibly take this guy seriously?

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I agree with sixchot_cvv - he makes a lot of sense.
    Welcome All Customer ---------

- Hi every customer, I'm hacker good , i have shop CVV, CC and site tool shop and other stuff.
    - I'm work bussiness , professional and quality.
    - If you need CVV please contact me via Yahoo : sixchot_cvv
    - I'm seller best and alway sell CC fresh with hight balance.
    - And i have software do bug account bank and information western union.
    - I have account paypal with high balance good
    - I hope to get many good customers and will be long-term cooperation

------- Yahoo Messenger : sixchot_cvv

Hey, i think we've found Matt Stone a new editor!!!!!

But seriously folks, we are getting our collective chains yanked by "HFLC almost killed me" sob-storytellers who always manage to get threads chock-full of links to their sugar daddies' space stations and who try to pick off anyone they see as vulnerable. There is not enough traffic at the home station so they come here where there is a lot of traffic-traffic bec. there is success here and lots of it! Witness the abundance of success stories in THE BLOG, and other excellent articles with some pretty substantial comments by some very knowledgeable posters making it worth investing the time to read for newbies (me) first, along with the book-The Primal Blueprint- and maybe then the forum. What i find insidious is the attraction that "hacks" (like the tubular-glucose diet) have for those who come to the forum and need a sane, reasonable diet(it is more than JUST that) so that they can heal and latch on to these things and are even encouraged by some to do so. Those with a mostly undamaged metabolism will probably get away with it.They might not. How's your health?
    Last edited by Terry H; 02-17-2013 at 07:08 AM.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I liked the Happiness article. I wish I had done more of that stuff as a 23 year old vs. falling in love...gag!

I will agree with the others, slow and steady...or even at times, just slow. I have lost 14 lbs since January 2012, doesn't sound like much, but I don't live in fear of it coming back. Previous weight loss, would be sneaking back with every extra "naughty" item. Now if I have crazy indulgent days, just enjoy and walk more. I still "need" to lose 5-10, maybe 15 more, maybe that will happen this year. It took me 39 years to develop a good relationship with food, if it takes me 2-3 years to have a good relationship with my clothes, I am okay. Family history says I will live well past 80 even if fat and smoking (which I am not and don't), so 2-3 years is just a drop in bucket.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    My stress has gone DOWN since going high fat.
    I'm more relaxed, sleep better, work more efficiently...etc Only have stress-spikes around exam seasons, when I eat more than I need, eat more crap and don't exercise as much.

n=1: calorific surplus, high-carb, junk and low activity = stress. High fat, carbs around 20%, quality food and exercise = stress diffusers/blocks.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Sure. Symptoms I went through in just short term:

Loss of libido, rapid weight loss, decreased appetite, telogen effluvium, erectile dysfunction, paranoia, anxiety, rapid painful heart rate upon waking up leading to insomnia, dry eyes, irritability, low blood sugar causing terrible night tremors and nightmares, no energy, brain fog. Not exaggerating. Of course, this might be attributed to the fact I was highly insulin sensitive to begin with and my body took it as me starving.

I also started ketosis while already only 150lbs at 6'3. My fat choice could have been managed better as well, possibly more protective ketones from coconut oil, but I was highly addicted to nut butters at the time. Now the thought of those makes me sick. Funny how your body has a way of letting you know when something is bad for you.
    Well, no wonder you had problems. That is dangerously skinny. Before dumping paleo and going Peaty did you ever just try eating "Moar" food?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well, no wonder you had problems. That is dangerously skinny. Before dumping paleo and going Peaty did you ever just try eating "Moar" food?

Yeah, not quite sure I understand the choice of someone already low weight to go to NK without very specifically having a plan of action for keeping their caloric intake very high since it is known to drastically decrease appetite and cause weight loss even in people who otherwise have difficulty losing.

N=1 says that was a bad plan for you.

For someone with lots of extra resources already at hand to burn when they under eat, it's not such a problem. That's why people also can get very sick like you just described while eating high carb, low fat, but low calorie.
    I had a friend several years ago who did that... lost her hair, ended up in the hospital, bad news.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast