Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Good read for anyone in LCHF land or on a crash diet or both. page 4

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Would you be willing to start a thread to put it all out there?
    I asked Zach to do it, so hope he would.
    Maybe people could understand both of why you are so passionate about this. Because from this side, it often does look like you are purely bagging out LC and discounting other peoples good experiences, but if we knew what you went through that might be more helpful? So if someone new came here, and maybe started off too low carb for their particular needs they might come across your threads, and see how it affected you, and then work out how much more they can tolerate for example.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Can't eat grains or processed food and be low carb. I just ate some nut butters, some nuts, salads(yuck) eggs, butter and meat with the odd full fat greek yogurt. Drank black coffee, and water.

Previous diet was like sandwiches from subway, fruit, vegetables, pizza, energy drinks and coffee. Before that I ate even worse garbage as most young men do. Fast food every day, all day with lots of chemical junkfood.

I know you're not fighting with me, relax. How we react to specific diets is unique in that our choices mold how we handle it, along with gender, age, and in some ways all the way back to your mothers habits, her diet while pregnant with you, and whether or not you were breast fed or not. Pretty interesting.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

I don't really make threads, Zach can do it. I'm not overly passionate either, especially anymore. I have my opinion, everyone knows it, but unfortunately I can't post anything without my adoring fans coming in droves to "disagree" with me. I've said before, the primal lifestyle and diet are definitely steps up in terms of health, but I disagree with restricting macronutrients, especially in the long term. The biggest problem with LCHF diets is that people come from a background of consuming many toxic foods full of the wrong kinds of fat, and lipolysis liberates these fats into the blood stream where they can cause a lot of long term harm.

Most safe diet is the one where you don't restict any macronutrient, and have them all in balance as they work synergistically.

There may be some cases where LC can be beneficial, but I see it as nothing but a fad diet most of the time where people assume it's the easiest way to lose weight side effects be damned.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Can't eat grains or processed food and be low carb. I just ate some nut butters, some nuts, salads(yuck) eggs, butter and meat with the odd full fat greek yogurt. Drank black coffee, and water.

Previous diet was like sandwiches from subway, fruit, vegetables, pizza, energy drinks and coffee. Before that I ate even worse garbage as most young men do. Fast food every day, all day with lots of chemical junkfood.

I know you're not fighting with me, relax. How we react to specific diets is unique in that our choices mold how we handle it, along with gender, age, and in some ways all the way back to your mothers habits, her diet while pregnant with you, and whether or not you were breast fed or not. Pretty interesting.
    Yes all of that is true. I was probably doomed from the start particularly because she smoked while pregnant, and I came out at only 6lbs and being BF only a few short months, then onto cows milk, yes freaking cows milk, but anyway lets not go into that. So yes I agree lots come into it. Its why I am trying to get the right start for my children.
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 02-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I don't really make threads, Zach can do it. I'm not overly passionate either, especially anymore. I have my opinion, everyone knows it, but unfortunately I can't post anything without my adoring fans coming in droves to "disagree" with me. I've said before, the primal lifestyle and diet are definitely steps up in terms of health, but I disagree with restricting macronutrients, especially in the long term. The biggest problem with LCHF diets is that people come from a background of consuming many toxic foods full of the wrong kinds of fat, and lipolysis liberates these fats into the blood stream where they can cause a lot of long term harm.

Most safe diet is the one where you don't restict any macronutrient, and have them all in balance as they work synergistically.

There may be some cases where LC can be beneficial, but I see it as nothing but a fad diet most of the time where people assume it's the easiest way to lose weight side effects be damned.
    What kind of cases as beneficial? Like paleobirds you mean?

Also if I had side affects from low carb, of course I would change it. Have you read on here anyone saying otherwise?
    I actually do not feel unwell or anything, and have plenty of energy.

As for restricting macronutrients, yes I do that, but for me to increase my carbs a fair bit, id have to eat a lot of fruit, which I know makes my candida flare up big time. I dealt with that for 2 years straight pre-primal trying everything (well except primal) to deal with it. And I can only eat so many sweet potatoes in a day before I don't feel great. But I am working up to adding more each day anyway.
    Not having a BP coffee in the morning, has made me hungry for lunch the past couple of days so that is something.

Its a shame you don't want to start a thread. I think it would be helpful.
    Yes lots might still come and argue with you. But if it was your journal they wouldn't

So can you accept that for at least right now, it is right for me?

I think others personal experiences get discounted so often around here, because some article says its not possible or it was different to the next persons. That does get more frustrating too.
    I just don't see how what happens to a person can be wrong.

If you feel right, then yeah. You're the only one who knows how you feel and can make decisions for yourself. The only problem is when people flat out disregard anything different due to being stubborn. I at least tried low carb for myself.

I am truly not being stubborn and ignoring a problem. I guess people do have to see for themselves if something isn't working and change it. The slow weight loss I can deal with at the moment, as any losses is better than gaining. If I started to get any other symptoms for sure Right now my high insulin I am not bothered by it due to feeling fine, and I believe its physiological not pathological anyway, but one day at a time.
    Yes exactly you tried, and it didn't work so you dealt with it.

Thanks for sharing

That's good. That's most of the reason why I posted the things I did, was just to point out the side effects. My own personal experience gets it out too. As long as you're aware, you'll be able to handle the problem as it occurs.

I still don't think you should stick to this diet long term. Also, about weight loss, I'm probably not one to really say, but slow and steady is really the only healthy way to lose weight. If you're losing weight too fast, odds are you're starving in some way, and it's going to do you more harm than good. Decreased metabolism, or even worse.

Sounds frustrating, but it's true. People don't get in that shape overnight, they shouldn't think they can get out of it overnight either. Not saying you think this way, just letting you know not to worry about losing weight slowly. It's better that you do.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 02-16-2013 at 10:53 PM.

PrimalCon New York
    Slow is good I know, but I got impatient thats all. But I can wait. Its funny you say that about losing weight too fast. In my thread the other day, I was told I wasn't eating enough and going into starvation mode, which is why I was losing slow. Its how
    But I did take the advice of stopping the BP coffee and it make me want lunch, so that is something, I would have eaten a bit more protein than I was before if nothing else. But didn't count to see though.

Anyway dunno what this thread was even about and of course it has been derailed LOL

But I think besides peoples journals, threads are always at risk of going off topic, and it happens, it happens when you have a real life conversation too, I doubt that would change.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast