Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good read for anyone in LCHF land or on a crash diet or both. page 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    How do you know what is right for someone else?
    Word...

Anyway, I did only skim the article as it is simply a rehash of Peat's ideas. Its not very encouraging to get to the end of such a long article filled with extraordinary claims only to find three citations..... all to other blogs, and none to primary research. It just pounds home the fact that Matt really didn't dig into this stuff himself, but just accepted what was spoon fed to him by Danny and Peat. I guess thats fine, but then why bother writing it at all? Coulda just said "check out these guys ...." and listed the blogs.

Sorry Zach, I'm not hating on you ....but I'm definitely no fan of Stone..... I actually have more respect for Peat and Roddy even though I disagree with many of their conclusions.

edit: nevermind.... just saw this is a roudy roddy guest post. still bunk though.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Zach, I got it that you have attempted to set yourself up as some kind of expert and that you want to save us all from following Mark's advice. HOWEVER, this is his website and we are here b/c we've read his book and found it valuable and useful in our lives. We are all grown-ups and don't need you to be our savior. Please STOP.
    Well said and seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Anyway, I did only skim the article as it is simply a rehash of Peat's ideas. Its not very encouraging to get to the end of such a long article filled with extraordinary claims only to find three citations..... all to other blogs, and none to primary research. It just pounds home the fact that Matt really didn't dig into this stuff himself, but just accepted what was spoon fed to him by Danny and Peat. I guess thats fine, but then why bother writing it at all? Coulda just said "check out these guys ...." and listed the blogs.
    Not only that but Stone is in desperate need of a copy editor.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I agree with sixchot_cvv - he makes a lot of sense.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I would actually be interested in hearing your story Zach, if for nothing else than to understand why you believe so strongly against LC. Care to share? I'm a noob, afterall.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I agree with sixchot_cvv - he makes a lot of sense.
    lmao, beat me to it.

I heard that ashton kutcher took zachs advice and ended up in the hospital.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    I was intrigued until I got to the references section at the end. Circular.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I think Danny Roddy is following this trainwreck of a forum judging by this guest post.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Derp you had a problem with being LC primal is that right? Would you post your story, like I suggested to Zach so that people might see where you both are coming from?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Derp you had a problem with being LC primal is that right? Would you post your story, like I suggested to Zach so that people might see where you both are coming from?
    Sure. Symptoms I went through in just short term:

Loss of libido, rapid weight loss, decreased appetite, telogen effluvium, erectile dysfunction, paranoia, anxiety, rapid painful heart rate upon waking up leading to insomnia, dry eyes, irritability, low blood sugar causing terrible night tremors and nightmares, no energy, brain fog. Not exaggerating. Of course, this might be attributed to the fact I was highly insulin sensitive to begin with and my body took it as me starving.

I also started ketosis while already only 150lbs at 6'3. My fat choice could have been managed better as well, possibly more protective ketones from coconut oil, but I was highly addicted to nut butters at the time. Now the thought of those makes me sick. Funny how your body has a way of letting you know when something is bad for you.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    So was this just LC primal? IE no grains or processed foods?
    and did you go from eating SAD so called healthy? Or lots of crap?

I like the odd spoon ful of cashew butter, but I def can't imagine eating too much of that for sure.

Just trying to see how you put it down to purely LC?

Remember this is not fighting, its just putting it all down there, so other people can also see why LC specifically could harm them as you and Zach say.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast