Thread: Timing problem page

retrotoons is offline Junior Member

Timing problem

Shop Now
    I really hope this is the right thread! I'm not an athlete or an endurance sportsman, I'm just an average guy.
    Please do forgive me if this has been asked before or if I am in the wrong section, I'm prepared to cope with the scoldings.

Generally, I do 16 hours of fasting (sleep included obviously) and have an 8 hours of eating window.
    I eat from 12 PM - 8 PM (will explain this window soon) and I fast for the rest of the time.
    Exceptions: Sometimes, I sleep a lot, so I end up fasting for a bit longer. I sometimes don't really feel hungry, so I don't eat much for 20 hours (I should keep myself hydrated however, I forget sometimes )

Since My work starts early, at 8/8:30 AM, and travelling takes time, I don't have much time to work out in the morning (I wake up at 6/6:30 AM and leave by 7/7:30 AM). Can't workout in the office, it's a bit of a corporate place.
    So when I get home by 6 / 7 PM, I eat if I am still hungry.

Does it still count as fasted training when I workout after 8 PM? (After waiting 1 hour min of course)? I really try to do this in the mornings but I'm just so busy then! I do bodyweight exercises, some gymnastic stuff and rope skipping almost everyday. So it's not really as "intense" as lifting weights but challenging nonetheless.
    Would I still get the benefits of IF?

Oh and if you're wondering what my diet is like, it's all natural. My only weaknesses are: Pizza, dark chocolate and biscuits. No soda, no burgers, I've cut out most of the crap out of my diet. For over a year.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    No, that's not really fasted lifting.

Yes, you still get the benefits of fasting. Most of these benefits are hormonal, and result from an absence of food. It really doesn't have much to do with the lifting.

Fasted lifting might be good for you, but you're already hitting so many of the right things at this point that unless you are really having problems hitting your goals, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's a pretty fine detail to be trying to tweak, and you'd probably get better results from giving up the pizza and biscuits.

retrotoons is offline Junior Member
    Aww shucks. I can try and wake up earlier and go to bed at 8 or 9 PM then.
    Good thing I'm on holidays, I can workout in the mornings for now.

I'm assuming by hormonal benefits you mean I can lose fat as well? (seems to me that way, I can see my abs bit by bit now). I wonder if I can still gain muscle.

Oh I have pizza around 2 times a month, I can keep it at 1 time a month, it's no biggie. Same with biscuits really.