Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CrossFit shoes? page

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

CrossFit shoes?

Primal Fuel
    I've been doing Crossfit for a little more than a month now, and my VFFs have been great, but there are a few exceptions. My feet really hurt after box jumps, I find myself lifting through the mid-foot rather than driving through the heels on the heavy lifts, and the VFFs tend to get caught in the C2 rower (not a big deal unless it's a 2k meter day). I was thinking of getting some Nike Frees. Does anyone have any advice?

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    I don't like rowing over 500m in the VFF's either, my heel slides a funky way that I don't like. I do like doing box-jumps (haha almost abbreviated that one!!) since I can get closer to the box. I do not like doing split-jumps for a long time either, especially if it's on a running/sprint day.

I'm interested to see what people think of the Frees!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggilizz View Post
    I do like doing box-jumps (haha almost abbreviated that one!!) since I can get closer to the box.
    If you had abbreviated it, I would've said "I've seen that in a three way"

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    O mai!!! Some of the guys at my gym would L-U-F-F that!!!!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

DidNothingFatal is offline Senior Member
    Don't know if you can get them but when not wearing VFF's I use Vivo barefoot shoes, very pleased with them, I also wear the boots in the office less strange looks than the VFF
    Give them nothing! But, take from them everything!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggilizz View Post
    I don't like rowing over 500m in the VFF's either, my heel slides a funky way that I don't like. I do like doing box-jumps (haha almost abbreviated that one!!) since I can get closer to the box. I do not like doing split-jumps for a long time either, especially if it's on a running/sprint day.

I'm interested to see what people think of the Frees!
    Hhahaha that was so great

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allbeef Patty View Post
    I've been doing Crossfit for a little more than a month now, and my VFFs have been great, but there are a few exceptions. My feet really hurt after box jumps, I find myself lifting through the mid-foot rather than driving through the heels on the heavy lifts, and the VFFs tend to get caught in the C2 rower (not a big deal unless it's a 2k meter day). I was thinking of getting some Nike Frees. Does anyone have any advice?
    From what I've heard the frees cause some pain in the hips/knees, not sure if it's just an adjustment period though

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member
    the arch/foot pain sounds familiar! I used to get those during jumping and split jerks when I wore my asic running sneakers that were getting all broken down and old. I don't have VFFs, so I can't really compare too well. I now use converse all stars for both running and lifts. I used to use nike free for running and I liked those, good for doing sprints while you're downsizing from the sneaker mattresses. I dont like frees as much for max lifts, but are good all purpose sneaks I think. There was DEFINITELY some growing pains getting adjusted to all stars, mostly shin splints from sprints.
    In your case I'd consider it growing pains and maybe get nike frees for the bouncier workouts until you fully adjust?

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, all. Both for the advice and the laughs!

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    I would probably start off with something that has more support than VFFs when doing box jumps. Don't kill me for posting you need to wear regular shoes but when doing a movement like that where you're not really getting any cushion can't be good for the shins or knees. I wear my VFF's all the itme but not when I lift legs. They killed my feet when doing jumps, squats, etc.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast