Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a regular anywhere? page 2

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    There's a market in town that sells local farm fresh eggs, local grass-fed beef, and local uncured "fresh air" bacon. They actually know me by name. I get all my eggs there this time of year because the farmer's markets are not operating in the winter.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Yup! The butcher shop (not only because the butcher calls me Gorgeous when I come in) and the farmstand next door where I go several times a week all year long. I'm thinking about working for them this coming summer produce season because they are CONSTANTLY busy!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Every few months I go to Whole Foods, where I make a beeline for the meat counter and buy all the grass-fed beef fat they have (for tallow) and nothing else. In the warmer months we have a local farmers market twice a week. Whenever the egg vendor sees me coming, he starts pulling out two dozen eggs. Man, I can't wait for the market to start up again!

janie is offline Senior Member
    The gym. Where the manager calls everyone by name (don't know how he does it!) And the Amish farmer where we buy raw milk, eggs and pastured meats.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Well... this is kind of opposite, but happened to me the other day. I have pretty much abandoned our local grocery because I found a Dutch produce market, (like Amish/Mennonite) but I went to the local the other day, and the clerk was like.... "I haven't seen you for a long time, I thought maybe you were starving to death."
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    The hospital cafeteria sees me coming and automatically loads a boat with 5 bacons. Anybody else have a go-to like that?
    Nothing quite like that. The farmer's market vendors all know me because I used to sell our honey there, and I'm known at the local health food store, but I don't buy the same thing every time I go. I just get what ever is fresh so it changes all the time. We have our own chickens, buy half a beef at a time and this week we are butchering 2 pigs hubby raised so we don't buy very much in the way of protein.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    There are usually firefighters working out at the university gym I go to (in Amsterdam) and a lot of times I see the same guys buying food at the Albert Heijn nearby (for cooking at the station I assume). One day I was in line to checkout, like 10 people behind a fireman at the register, and then he points at me, says something I don't understand and does "air push ups."

Also at an espresso bar on campus, the "grumpy lady" has started making me a cappuccino without asking. One day she tried to give me a muffin too (for free) and I politely declined. In retrospect I should've just taken the damn muffin and gifted it to someone later.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurritoJimmy View Post
    I'm a regular at the QT by my house. I dont like doodooing in my own toilet so I use theirs.
    hahahahahaah that is just so wrong - but right on so many levels !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    At my local butchers! They know my name and what i usually order, and i know all of their names! I have a laugh with them and the owner was introducing me to all his sons They gave me a free turkey at Christmas too...

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Well not in a takeaway kind of place like that, but my butcher knows me well, and is always so friendly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast