Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANewLeaf's journey page 2

ANewLeaf is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It has been a couple weeks since I last posted. I'm a little discouraged because I really haven't lost any more weight. I'm yo yoing 3 pounds. I am not seeing any measurement loss either. Its frustrating. I am doing all the right things, except getting enough sleep some nights, which I know is very important. I am staying around 1200-1500 calories. And exercising. I have been of the pred for a few weeks so is not that.

I will say that I am still feeling great arthritis wise so the grain free is working there and that is huge for me but still, I feel that I have given enough time for my body to adjust so why am I not losing.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good news on the arthritis front.

What have you been eating? How much exercise?

Another 2 weeks or so and still no changes in weight and size. much of it is my fault. I haven't been moving as much as I need to. My stress level is super high and I am still not sleeping as much as I need to. Eating is going mainly ok. Having a little more trouble keeping sugar in check but I have not gone bonkers with it. In another week or so, my life will slow down a bit and I am planning on revamping my day/week/diet at that point. I think I am going to try an elimination diet as well because I have been getting more gastro problems. arthritis had been doing better but now its back again. We have been Having really funky weather though so that might be it. Anyway, I will post in another couple weeks to update on the elimination diet.

six wks since I posted last. Some ups and some downs. For the positives: I am yo-yoing between 202-205. Not nearly as good as I want in terms of weight loss but it is at least going down and frankly, I have not been "trying" so I'll take it. My previously tight clothes are now loose and my loose clothes are too big. Still not ready to buy/switch to a completely smaller size, but very close to it. Other positives: arthritis is in check and I am off another medication for it. The only one I have now is my Enbrel (injectable), which I have been able to spread from 1x/wk to now every 9-10 days. One last positive, I have had no slips for wheat and the only time I get a craving is with the smell of warm bread. Pretty much have stayed away from oats, doing much better with corn. Haven't had popcorn in weeks. Health wise, I feel good. Energy is better, digestive is better, monthly cycle is MUCH better -that alone is worth this lifestyle. I have no idea what the connection is between grains and my cycle, but I'm not going to question it - I'm just enjoy it...

The downs continue to be too much sugar in my diet (though a lot of this is fruit, I know it is still too much), stress (it didn't get better like I thought it would. my business is just really stressing me out right now and honestly, it is not going to getter easier any time soon), sleep, and exercise. I know I have control over all of these and I really just need to take one on at a time and really work it because it is not working with me trying to attack all at the same time.
    Last edited by ANewLeaf; 05-16-2013 at 04:30 PM.

I am feeling very good about tackling one goal at a time. I decided to work with movement first. I have been walking and using eliptical at least 4 times a week for the past 2 weeks. Doing more of the LHT too, and a little bit of interval training. very little, but it's a start. I definitely have more energy. Have been walking with the kids, which gives us more together time too. Consistently weighing between 200-202. Looking forward to being consistently in the 190s. I know it will come. Just wish it would be sooner than later. almost ready for my smaller set of pants. already switched to smaller set of shirts. yay! (darn hips.thighs) I have also noticed a lot less desire to snack on nuts, fruits, cheese, etc. Not sure why but I am grateful for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12