Thread: Stomach Size Increases Throughout Day page

Iced Tea is offline Junior Member

Stomach Size Increases Throughout Day

Primal Fuel
    Dear Mark,
    I'm new to Primal and loving how I can fast for 24 hours without getting dizzy, grumpy, or lightheaded.

My problem is one I've had even before going Primal. In the morning, I wake up with a tight and flat stomach. But as soon as I drink even a glass of water or a bit of food, my stomach expands. By the end of the day I look 3 months pregnant and my belly is hard.

By the next morning my belly goes back to flat only if I don't eat after 4 pm. It's even worse when I eat carbs. I have relatively strong abdominal muscles, but not visible ones.

A lot of other people seem to have this problem too, but I don't trust body-building forums as much as your opinion. Thanks!

campanella is offline Senior Member
    I wonder the same....

Mama~Mare is offline Member
    I have the same issue! Had it for years and I've tried everything in search of answers. I've had 4 children and after each one it would get worse. After the 4th child, by the end of the day I would look 6 months preggers and was getting asked when I was due.

I did end up having my rectus abdominus muscle permanently stitched shut (aka: tummy tuck, although I had no fat to remove) That has helped some, but now I look 3 to 4 months preggers by the end of the day. I have to be so careful about my clothing choices so that people don't think I'm pregnant.

i've tried massage, acupuncture, I work for a chiropractor, colon hydrotherapy. I have taken a high quality pro-biotic for the past 10 years (even switching up brands every so often) etc etc

Fantazmic is offline Member
    Hi

Ive had the same problem. There are a couple of things I have done to help.

Lots of exercises working on my core....it does help to hold everything in.

Probiotics....and more probiotics.....I have actually run out and I am really feeling it at the moment.

Magnesium also helps.....especially with fluid retention around period time.

I also take a small dose of fibre in the evening. I take Lifestream bowel biotics it is fibre and probiotics mixed in together and it is a sensational product. You can also buy a version of it with digestive enzymes.

Of all the things I have tried probiotics seem to work the best. I ahve food intolerance and I think my insides go anerobic really easily....or something...I dont know what but the probiotics seem to really help.

Elizabeth

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like it could be digestive issues to me. I used to have something similar before going primal/paleo, but it doesn't seem to happen these days.

Padz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iced Tea View Post
    Dear Mark,
    I'm new to Primal and loving how I can fast for 24 hours without getting dizzy, grumpy, or lightheaded.

My problem is one I've had even before going Primal. In the morning, I wake up with a tight and flat stomach. But as soon as I drink even a glass of water or a bit of food, my stomach expands. By the end of the day I look 3 months pregnant and my belly is hard.

By the next morning my belly goes back to flat only if I don't eat after 4 pm. It's even worse when I eat carbs. I have relatively strong abdominal muscles, but not visible ones.

A lot of other people seem to have this problem too, but I don't trust body-building forums as much as your opinion. Thanks!
    It could be possible that you have an intolerance to something you eat often.

Possibly gluten as it's sneaked in to a lot of foods, this would explain the bloating after carbs (anything like bread or pasta, bottle sauces...). The bloating after drinking water in the morning may be setting off your metabolism which still has gluten in your system from the day before.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    It happens to me for two reasons. One is intolerances/allergies, for me particularly eggs, dairy gluten and nuts, the other is wearing something with elastic around my waist. Never been able to to that, my stomach keeps swelling as the elastic gets tighter and tighter, so weird. I have had 3 kids but this happened even as a child.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I have had to deal with this my entire life. What helps me is not eating a lot of fiber, but of course that's not exactly realistic... Which is why I still suffer most days, lol! But I limit my fiber intake to night time when I know I am not going anywhere but to bed! Ah ha ha.

Iced Tea is offline Junior Member
    Thank you so much for the responses everyone. I'm planning to try FODMAPS. Also, can anyone recommend a good probiotic?