Thread: Mark's Diet page

David is offline Senior Member

Mark's Diet

Primal Fuel
    Has Mark posted any recent information related to IF until lunch, and what he eats following intermittent fasting. He was interviewed by a blogger recently. I looked for it online but couldn't find it.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you read the PB he has 3 days worth of his personal food intake laid out. Since I'm such a super guy (and its easy nuff to copy from my kindle edition) here you go:

Thursday—Malibu Day
    7:30 a.m.: Wake up and shake off the effects of jet lag with a quick plunge in the pool (Iʹd estimate mid-60s temp) and a coffee with cream. Head to desk to catch up.
    10:00 a.m.: Down Primal Omelet with four eggs, sprinkled mozzarella cheese, sliced mushrooms, and green peppers, topped with sliced avocado and a scoop of fresh salsa. Back to desk.
    11:00 a.m.: 11:00 a.m.: Head to gym for “pull and sprint day”. Intense 30-minute gym workout (cable rows, wide grip pull-ups, inverted rows, cable curls). Jog to car, drive to beach to catch low tide. Commence 10 barefoot sprint sets (jog 10 strides, transition 12 strides, all-out sprint 15 strides). Easy cooldown jog, brief Grok Squat stretch, quick plunge in ocean. Gym and beach total time: 50 minutes. Head home and shower.
    1:00 p.m.: Make my world-famous Primal Salad (check video at MarksDailyApple.com) with 15 veggies and a scoop of canned salmon, drenched in olive oil-based dressing. Nothing to drink. Granny Smith apple for dessert. Back to work in the office.
    4:00 p.m.: Big handful of almonds and break from desk to throw tennis ball to a very old, very slow yellow lab named Buddha. En route back to desk, a challenge is issued by my son, Kyle. Detour from office to garage for a battle royale championship match on Wii Rock Band. Obtain perfect score of 100 on Band vocals to reign supreme in Sisson family (Law #7, Play).
    7:30 p.m.: Grass-fed steak (10 ounces), three cups of steamed broccoli dripping in real butter, glass of merlot. Okay, one more. Doesnʹt get any better than that! 8:30 p.m.: Watch TiVo replay of one of our favorite 30-minute sitcoms, followed by 60-minute ESPN SportsCenter broadcast. Watch both broadcasts in only 52 minutes total.
    10:00 p.m.: Five-minute outdoor walk with Buddha, retire to bed for some pleasure reading. Lights out, and out like a light, at 10:30 p.m. * Thursday Micronutrient Calculations Coffee with cream Primal Omelet Primal Salad Granny Smith apple Big handful of almonds Steak and broccoli Two glasses of merlot *

FitDay.com Analysis FitDay.com Analysis Total Calories: 2,676 Protein: 168 grams, 672 calories percent) Carbs: 108 grams, 432 calories (15 percent) Fat: 170 grams, 1,530 calories (57 percent) * *

Average Over Three Days Allows for rounding margin of error * Calories: 1,842 Protein: 136 grams, 544 calories (38 percent) Carbs: 86 grams, 344 calories (18.5 percent) Fat: 106 grams, 954 calories (51 percent)

Sisson, Mark (2009-06-01). The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy (p. 263). Primal Nutrition, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

That may be only brunch IF, but still follows "eat when" philosophy
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-16-2013 at 06:55 AM.