Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What can I do for carb cravings like bread and sweet? page 2

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsantos View Post
    For reference, I'm quite lean so insulin resistance probably isn't an issue.
    I am very lean and fit but have a serious IR issue bordering on T2 diabetes.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    I am very lean and fit but have a serious IR issue bordering on T2 diabetes.
    Funny the people that talk the most shit, need my advice the most.

Up your carbs and lower you fat/protein.

OP: dont eat low carb. Eat a moderate amount of carbs from fruit and tubers, even rice if you would like. Low carb just leads to binge eating and metabolic disorders.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

OP: dont eat low carb. Eat a moderate amount of carbs from fruit and tubers, even rice if you would like. Low carb just leads to binge eating and metabolic disorders.
    Like always insulin resistance. You know, when you can't process glucose at all, and get those lovely side effects like dizziness, migraines, etc;
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

I would love to have a face to face discussion with you. I made that post because it is very wrong to tell a person he/she probably does not have IR just because he/she isn't fat. Also, you need a serious education if you think low carb [necessarily] leads to binge eating and metabolic orders. My metabolic disorder came from high carb binge eating and is now under perfect control with a HFVLC diet, not to mention how much better I feel. Based on your various posts, I conclude you do not know jack shit about IR or diabetes.
    Last edited by Artbuc; 02-16-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Perfectly under control = serious IR, bordering on type 2 diabetes?

Perfectly under control = serious IR, bordering on type 2 diabetes?
    Do you try to be obnoxious or does it just come naturally? By controlling carb intake, I can easily keep my 1 hour and 2 hour post-prandial BG below 140 and 120 respectively and most of the time below 120 and 110 respectively which are totally normal numbers. My FBG has always been normal, ie below 100 and now usually 90-95. If someone, like you apparently, has a tendency to binge on sugar, the worst advice possible is to eat a moderate amount of sugar to control the cravings. This reminds me of your clueless advice re alcohol addiction.
    Last edited by Artbuc; 02-16-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    You are a freakin' moron. By controlling carb intake, I can easily keep my 1 hour and 2 hour post-prandial BG below 140 and 120 respectively and most of the time below 120 and 110 respectively which are totally normal numbers. My FBG has always been normal, ie below 100 and now usually 90-95. If someone, like you apparently, has a tendency to binge on sugar, the worst advice possible is to eat a moderate amount of sugar to control the cravings. This reminds me of your clueless advice re alcohol addiction.
    Im lean and have amazing insulin sensitivity. I dont binge on sugar, it is my main source of calories. Maybe instad of throwing around insults all day, you should listen. And its not my fault if you or others cant control your urges to binge on sugar or alcohol, most likely it is your body rebelling from your stressful diet.

Im lean and have amazing insulin sensitivity. I dont binge on sugar, it is my main source of calories. Maybe instad of throwing around insults all day, you should listen. And its not my fault if you or others cant control your urges to binge on sugar or alcohol, most likely it is your body rebelling from your stressful diet.
    I apologize for the ad hominem, but you really do try my patience. The damage to my metabolism and any issues I have had with alcohol took place during the first 6 decades of my life. During this time, my diet was very low fat high carb in an attempt to comply with CW guidance from my Doc as he was especially concerned about my LDL-C. My new HFVLC diet is only 6 months old. Hopefully you can see that my current diet did not contribute to my IR or any other medical condition I may have. To the contrary, I have never felt better in my life. I can only imagine what my BG was after my typical breakfast comprising grapefruit juice, oatmeal w/dried sweetened cranberries, banana and vanilla Greek yogurt. I wasn't measuring back then, but I would say it had to peak at well over 200 and it stayed there most of the day as I scarfed down bagels, apples, whole wheat bread, pasta and lots of cereal with skim milk. During those 6 decades I gained and lost 20-30 lbs 5 times and I was always hungry and always eating. For the last 6 months my weight has been rock steady, I eat 3 meals per day with no desire to snack or binge on sugar/alcohol and I have great energy for an old guy.
    Last edited by Artbuc; 02-16-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    I apologize for the ad hominem, but you really do try my patience. The damage to my metabolism and any issues I have had with alcohol took place during the first 6 decades of my life. During this time, my diet was very low fat high carb in an attempt to comply with CW guidance from my Doc as he was especially concerned about my LDL-C. My new HFVLC diet is only 6 months old. Hopefully you can see that my current diet did not contribute to my IR or any other medical condition I may have. To the contrary, I have never felt better in my life. I can only imagine what my BG was after my typical breakfast comprising grapefruit juice, oatmeal w/dried sweetened cranberries, banana and vanilla Greek yogurt. I wasn't measuring back then, but I would say it had to peak at well over 200 and it stayed there most of the day as I scarfed down bagels, apples, whole wheat bread, pasta and lots of cereal with skim milk. During those 6 decades I gained and lost 20-30 lbs 5 times and I was always hungry and always eating. For the last 6 months my weight has been rock steady, I eat 3 meals per day with no desire to snack or binge on sugar/alcohol and I have great energy for an old guy.
    Apology accepted. Im glad your current diet is working for you and hope that it continues to do so. Know that the things i recommend are worlds apart from your former diet and probably why you and others get so irritated when i post is because you conjure up an image of your old diet when you read me talk about higher carbs. There is very good science behind what i say and i certainly dont expect anyone to drop the eggs and steak and pick up a bagel and bag of chips. All im saying is that a lot of people seem to be convinced that carbs are the enemy of health when anything could be further from the truth. Processed foods, high in carb, fat and chemicals are the enemy. Fruits and vegetables are not. Even you, who seems to be doing well on a VLC diet could do better with some added carbs, i didnt say would, but could. So try not to get so angry if someone says something that goes against what you believe, down the road it could turn out to be true.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

Zach remember going LC stopped my bingeing issues actually, just to clarify. And my issues are from my prior eating.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast