Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to get rid of the potato antipathy? page 3

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Can I come live with you????

Quote Originally Posted by JBailey View Post
    I've felt pretty good having a potato maybe twice a week. If I'm otherwise primal, a good potato meal will somehow cause next-day weight loos for me.

Hash browns make a great mattress for fried eggs. Baked potatoes, cut in half, mashed up with sour cream in the skin and eaten out of hand are my fave 'fast food'.

It helps that we grow a few hundred pounds of different varieties and have a good storage protocol.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Try boiled / mashed potatoes slathered in full fat greek Yogurt and salt... a little taste of heaven!
    The greek yogurt sounds good....No doubt more than just a sub but good in its own right.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsantos View Post
    Why would you think that?
    Erm... Because it always has in the past? Might be different on primal, but I am concerned that if I add them in this early I'll want one every freaking day. I have no self control when it comes to these little tasty tubers. I'm doomed when I start digging my own up this year. They are so much better from my own garden. So creamy and delicious. Damn.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

BurritoJimmy is offline Junior Member
    I only like potatoes in vodka form.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I like..... not that anyone cares .... but I like smashing my tator, putting 1/2 - 1 cup bone broth on it, (I mean bones & veggies all ground up too) and then I like to top it with my homemade kraut. I try to eat it once a day. I get lots of daily goodness all at one time.

Sometimes I add some kind of meat.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

mmsantos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Erm... Because it always has in the past? Might be different on primal, but I am concerned that if I add them in this early I'll want one every freaking day. I have no self control when it comes to these little tasty tubers. I'm doomed when I start digging my own up this year. They are so much better from my own garden. So creamy and delicious. Damn.
    Yeah I'd be willing to bet a significant amount of money that it wasn't the potatoes but the processed food that was not helping with weight loss haha. Potatoes are one of the most satisfying foods known to man so unless you're sensitive it'd be silly not to include them in a weight loss plan! And I'm not talking about creamy buttery mashed potatoes which could clearly lead to over eating, but simple baked potatoes.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I'd be willing to bet a significant amount of money that it wasn't the potatoes but the processed food that was not helping with weight loss haha. Potatoes are one of the most satisfying foods known to man so unless you're sensitive it'd be silly not to include them in a weight loss plan! And I'm not talking about creamy buttery mashed potatoes which could clearly lead to over eating, but simple baked potatoes.
    What frustrates me about the potato pushers is your arrogant assumption that other people's experience does not count.

After a lifetime of trying, I lost the weight I needed to lose in the only way that worked for me ...low carb. A potato would stop weight loss or even give me a gain. Now after over three years of maintening my low weight, my metabolism has healed enough that I've been able to increase carbs somewhat. Please stop assuming that everyone's body works as yours does.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I'd be willing to bet .....
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    What frustrates me about the potato pushers is your arrogant assumption .... Please stop assuming that everyone's body works as yours does.
    What frustrates me, is why someone can't just make a statement like... "I'd be willing to bet"... and then state their belief.... w/o someone else jumping all over them.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Argh, I can't stand this. Seems like every thread in the nutrition sections turns to fisticuffs. Primal is supposed to make us happy healthy beings, not forum monsters looking for a fight.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry you're offended by my comment, Gopintos. It is just that I've grown weary of being told I should be able to eat foods that I and so many others find we can't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast