Thread: Menu critique? page

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Menu critique?

Shop Now
    Hey y'all Instead of threadjacking, I thought I'd make a new post. I just put my day's food into Fitday and thought it was good, but it's looking rather skimpy on calories.

Goals: I'm trying to lose weight, 5'3" 29yr old female, 172lb the last time I was weighed at the end of March. I do crossfit 2-3 times a week, run or walk 1-2 days a week.

B: bacon (3 pieces) spinach (2 cups) mushrooms (1/2 c) 2 eggs
    L: Puerto Rican stew (sofrito & ground beef with onions, carrots & celery) cucumber salad (1/2 c)
    D: turkey sausage & peppers (given to me by a friend, otherwise I'd never buy turkey-anything!) salad with hb egg, 2 pieces bacon, tomato, olive oil & vinegar for dressing

Calories: 1216
    Fat: 95
    Carb: 23

%'s
    Fat 70
    Protein 23
    Carb 7

Any ideas would be great!! THANKS!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    looks good, calories are low so i would just say make sure youre eating enough and not going hungry. i know i couldnt function on 1200 cals a day!

Thanks Malpaz I thought it would be enough calories, but I guess not. I'm going to add some avocado for an afternoon snack!! Carbs still under 50! woo!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

trigirl85 is offline Senior Member
    I would also agree that 1200 is quite low especially given activity. If you are worried about carbs- I can get up to 1800 calories with only 30-40 carbs although I stay around 1600 usually. 1/2 cup of stew for lunch seems quite small and adding some avocado at the least seems like a good start. Then again, if you are really completely satisfied and not craving anything else after you eat then this may be ok for you. However, I've also been told by my nutritionist that I can't trust my hunger levels yet because I've screwed up my metabolism too much which is why I still hang onto to calories in, calories out somewhat despite being 100% primal. I do remember seeing seeing someone state that aiming to get 10-12 calories per lb of weight was a good place to start.

I was rather hungry before lunch today, I'll have to bring avocado tomorrow to eat in the morning. Maybe I should bring hb eggs instead--I've been playing around on the Fitday and don't think I'm getting enough protein either.

Increasing bacon (by a few slices) & 1 more hb egg with my salad, my ratios are the same, but protein is still only at 110g!!!!

Calories breakdown: cals 1,986 Fat 157.0 Carb 40.1 Protein 109.9

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    Watch out for carby fillers in the sausages. Other than that it looks great
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I'd agree, not enough Stew. Have a BIG OL' BOWL!

Maybe I'd also add another egg or two for breakfast, I found that 2 eggs wasn't enough for me, 3 seemed just fine, 4 was very good, and more than that I wasn't quite as comfortable. But 3-4 eggs for breakfast, and then maybe 2 more with dinner, and one or two hb during the day seemed just fine.

...other than that? More food? I dunno

Thanks guys! I don't know if CW is trying to creep back in, but I feel like as a 'girl' I shouldn't be eating THAT many eggs at breakfast. Tell me I'm wrong?!?!? Maybe it'd be better to have some bacon cooked up to eat when I get hungry at the office along with some hb eggs.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG!! EAT MOAR EGGZ!

No seriously, I felt the same way when I started PB, gradually working my way up to 3 eggs in a meal, and then when I read in a thread here "how many eggs a day do you eat" that some folks were having 6-15 (15???) eggs a day I tried 5-6 at once, and found that to be too many for me. So 3-4 per meal became standard, with maybe a few more later in the day. I love them for dinner, especially if I had something else for breakfast.

I think hb eggs, and some bacon sounds like an awesome snack!

LOLSPEEKZ!!!! MERCI DARTHFRIENDLY!!!!!!! AI LABA EWE!!!!!!! :P Good thing I bought 2 dozen eggs this week, now I'll need to stock my fridge with bacon