Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still enjoy eating at restaurants page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Do you still enjoy eating at restaurants

Primal Fuel
    I just came from a fake "japanese" restaurant. I can still taste the gasoline (oil I guess) in the back of my throat. Personally I think most of the food in restaurants is gross. But also I think it's a disconnection and disrespect to nature: lots of food gets thrown away, people have no clue what the food truly is, there is no appreciation to the food or where it came from etc.

Do any of you still voluntary eat at a restaurant? I certainly don't
    Billie trips balls

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I love eating at restaurants, as does my wife. That said, we do not do it often, and if we do we make sure to go somewhere with quality food and decent chefs/cooks.

It sounds like you are eating in the wrong restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    But also I think it's a disconnection and disrespect to nature: lots of food gets thrown away, people have no clue what the food truly is, there is no appreciation to the food or where it came from etc.
    ^This sums up most homes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    I personally find that between the "damn , my food tastes infinitely better" , "damn, my food is of higher quality" and " damn they use poison" it is very hard for me to eat out.

i usually only eat at home.

but there is one sushi place local that i eat at once a quarter
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Like Canio, I enjoy it, but it's not a thing I do often.

I figure, before PB, I probably ordered a nice pizza once a week, and with tax, delivery, and tip, it ran about $25/wk. I'd rather use all that money to eat out once a month and go to somewhere that has pride in its product.

Even if it's not higher end, eateries that state things like, "we still fry in lard," can catch my eye for a try.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Yes. But having said that, we go unusually seldom. We did last night, though, for Valentine's Day - hubby found a place near here that actually cooks their own food from scratch, and that seems to be a definitive marker of decent food.

If they take raw, fresh, single ingredients and make dinner with that, then you are more than halfway to a nice supper. (The other half being using good quality ingredients) My folks are/were in the food service industry and according to them, the overwhelming majority of restaurant food, hospital food, and nursing home food here comes delivered already ready-to-eat, or damn close to it - just reheat or chill, depending. If you shop at Sam's Club, Gordon Food Service, Schwann's home delivery service, and the like, you will know what I mean.

But those cook-from-scratch places do exist - they are just harder to find. Sorry that is that way in Holland, too.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 02-15-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Lilith is offline Member
    My OH and I don't go out too often as it's too expensive, but we went out the other week and had some lovely salmon, and asked for extra green vegetables instead of the potatoes that originally came with it. Very nice

We don't have that many nice places round here to eat, unless you drive out for a good 20 minutes, and I much prefer cooking fresh at home so I know what's in the food!
    Lilith

'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' - Oscar Wilde

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I eat at buffets and assault the fruit table. When you consider the price per and the fact it's all you can eat, it's a pretty good deal. Plus it's seedless fruit.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Beachgirl is offline Member
    I would rather eat at home because I can cook better than most restaurants.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Yes. But having said that, we go unusually seldom. We did last night, though, for Valentine's Day - hubby found a place near here that actually cooks their own food from scratch, and that seems to be a definitive marker of decent food.

If they take raw, fresh, single ingredients and make dinner with that, then you are more than halfway to a nice supper. (The other half being using good quality ingredients) My folks are/were in the food service industry and according to them, the overwhelming majority of restaurant food, hospital food, and nursing home food here comes delivered already ready-to-eat, or damn close to it - just reheat or chill, depending. If you shop at Sam's Club, Gordon Food Service, Schwann's home delivery service, and the like, you will know what I mean.

But those cook-from-scratch places do exist - they are just harder to find. Sorry that is that way in Holland, too.
    Yes you're actually right. Unfortunately I'm not really in control of where we go. Also whenever I see the bill (€20 per person) I think, damn give that money to me instead of this meager crappy food and I could've bought 2 days of delicious healthy food
    Billie trips balls

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    It's pretty rare that I eat at restaurants now, but I do enjoy it. I think I enjoy the atmosphere and mood of going out to eat at a restaurant more than actually eating the food. Honestly if I could hand the waiter a box of food I had cooked myself and then have them serve it to me I would I know the food at most restaurants isn't the best quality, so I make it a very rare treat. I've been to a restaurant maybe 4 times in the past year, and all were for special occasions like a fundraiser, birthday party etc.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast