Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you still enjoy eating at restaurants page 4

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i love to cook, but since i work full-time in a restaurant, i enjoy going out and being waited on. boston is a densely populated city, so very little room for big chains. there simply isn't real estate available for their required footprints. i have no idea where the nearest applebee's or chili's is located.

i am friendly with many chef/owners and know where much of the food they serve and i eat comes from.

we have a very vibrant nose-to-tail scene for chefs here and i am frankly too lazy to make my own charcuterie.

am happy to have somebody shuck oysters for me while i sip a glass of wine.

we eat sashimi/sushi out a few times per month and have access to lots of great authentic southeast asian places.

we're spoiled, i guess, since so many americans live in culinary wastelands where a "chinese" buffet is considered dinner out. blech.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 02-17-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So, what I get from this post is that I really need to figure out a way to eat at your place
    Hey Canio, you'd be more than welcome. I love cooking for guests! Seems like most of our friends are vegetarians, I could use some more primal friends.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like to think of eating out as a game. I get a menu and have to find the primal option on it, or create one by omitting whatever ingredients (croutons, American cheese, etc). The more non-primal things I avoid, like bread or chips/ salsa that comes to our table, the more points I get in the game. Then at the end of the meal, when others are uncomfortably full and sleepy and I am fine, I feel victorious. I'm not trying to beat my friends, of course, since they're not playing the game with me. It's more like I beat the menu, or a previous version of myself that would have made completely different choices.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234