Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Diet vs. Sustainability page

GerryM is offline Junior Member

Primal Diet vs. Sustainability

Primal Fuel
    Assuming that all the benefits you ascribe to eating a primal diet are accurate, have you considered the macro effects on world nutritional levels if this diet was to be globally implemented? Many would argue that current population levels are unsustainable even given a universal grain based diet*. Given that it takes 6 grams of plant protein to produce one gram of animal protein, even if the entire worlds grain production was diverted to growing feed for livestock and vegetables for humans, massive starvation would result. The cost of meat and dairy products would skyrocket, oceans would soon be depleted of edible creatures, the disparity between rich and poor would widen to even greater levels, food riots would erupt and the social disruption would exceed anything depicted in the most apocalyptical disaster movie.

*Sustainability of meat-based and plant-based diets and the environment

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for the vegan propaganda full of erroneous assumptions. Eating this way gives us good reason to like what we see when we look in the mirror, both literally and figuratively.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Gerry- your point? Since conventional wisdom pretty much has a stranglehold on the general population, and most people when told about Primal/Paleo respond with some variant of "But I couldn't live without bread or pasta!" I don't think there's a lot of concern.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    The solution to this dilemma is obvious, we eat the excess population of people. Problem solved! Since so many vegans are intent on eating like CAFO animals I suggest we start with them.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    maybe population shrinkage is what we're secretly aiming for

we tell the world how healthy we are with this diet, we photoshop pictures of average joes into looking like studly beefcakes, we fake up blood test results and we pretend to like liver all as part of our plan for world dominance

and when our religious group finally out numbers the rest of you, we will slaughter a mother cow in front of her baby and give a shout out to satan

i think. that's what i was told the plan was, anyway
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    You know what isn't sustainable? Conventional farming practices. Here ya go, a 30-year side-by-side study of conventional and organic: Farming Systems Trial: Overview | Rodale Institute

Also, bear in mind how much of the Earth's land is actually used to produce food versus how much isn't. I think we actually need more people farming, and not necessarily less people eating

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregrok View Post
    the solution to this dilemma is obvious, we eat the excess population of people. Problem solved! Since so many vegans are intent on eating like cafo animals i suggest we start with them.
    lol
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by specsAreGrok View Post
    The solution...we eat...people. Problem solved!
    An essay on that:

Why You Should Eat Human Flesh! | healthkicker

I refuse to eat anything but grass fed people!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree, it's probably not a rational worry but interesting to note that, like many other things, what is obviously good for the individual may be harmful for society as a whole. I am reminded of the fact that while saving, spending wisely, and avoiding debt is manifestly good advice for the individual, if practiced by every American would result in plunging GDP levels and a deflationary depression (consumer spending makes up the majority of US GDP.) Perhaps when such dichotomies occur we should immediately suspect some sort of dysfunction with society.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast